View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2023, 23:02 (Ref:4148100)   #51
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
You know that knob on the TV, you can turn it and watch something else. Oh yeah, and pretending it's nascar shows you're effin clueless, similar rules were in alms but heaven forbid actually have a complaint that's not oh NASCAR in basis. We get it, you're an elite mind and you know how to run something you've had ZERO ZERO ZERO actual day to day involvement in.
Well I just did turn if off earlier today in fact! And watching now NLS replay actually. A series and a track that knows how to manage stalled car situations. It is 7 pm as I am typing this. I decided to not even look at the standings in the Sebring race until almost 10 pm. I am predicting no less than 5 cars on the lead lap in GTP. 50/50 odds there is a safety car period with 20 minutes to go in the race.

ALMS did not have similar rules. You actually had to pass lapped cars at a restart. In fact you had to do that through 2017. Otherwise Long Beach would not have been as interesting as it was when a GTLM car was leading overall with under 20 minutes left. And I think the wave around rules came from Grand Am more than ALMS.

You can like something and still criticize it for its faults. If I ever see John Doonan walk by at a track I'm going to say to him that the current safety car procedures is ruining the quality of the races in the series. Most of all the endurance races. It is the largest problem the for IMSA Weathertech series right now by far.