View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2023, 23:31 (Ref:4149430)   #67
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
After reading through this entire thread again, I've come to the following conclusion:

FCY should be reserved for major incidents that endanger drivers and safety staff otherwise return to corner yellow flags.
I think that if you ask IMSA they’d say this is what they are doing. The debris and cars stopped by the side need a break in traffic to attend too. FCY it is.

I also think IMSA try to give the chance of just local yellow. Opportunity, sometime too much maybe, is given for a stranded car to get going again.

Quote:
Laps back should be allowed but only to the back of the pack. No dual group restarts.

Pits stay closed unless the duration of the FCY exceeds a certain amount of time.
I’m fine with less of the current procedure. But this suggestion could open up differences.
Quote:
I know of the safety concerns and understand the fan's needs. I've followed IMSA for some time now and do feel that the Grand AM effect on FCYs was very obvious. There are compromises that can be made and should be made, but maybe only starting at the beginning of the season and announced well in advance in order to make it fair for the teams to adjust.
It is way better than the GrandAm days. Possibly because they try to give it chance to work itself out before the FCY.