View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2023, 14:15 (Ref:4181727)   #72
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
From the S365 post race notebook

***The race featured 13 full-course cautions, totaling 93 laps or three-and-a-half hours of time behind the safety car.

My thoughts...this is a major reason why my interest in the Petit Le Mans has diminished over the years. I hardly watched it on Saturday to be honest. I knew what was going to happen.
Not disagreeing all the cautions take away from the superb racing we're not seeing enough of, but at the same time a good chunk of said racing is being 'created' by bunching up the field. With all the 'goods and bads' that come with it!

Just for a bit of perspective: When flagging the Petit back in '01 (or '02), I remember we had 12 cautions during the race. And while there were no 'pass-by and 'drive-by' procedures back then, it still took considerable time away from the racing. In other words, it's nothing new. It's not going away either.