View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2013, 11:47 (Ref:3315121)   #435
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I totally disagree! I do not think that a mfg should be forced to go to prototypes! A separate class, GT+, for the mfgs of GT is just fine. It provides a devel class for GT mfgs with an optional class for privateers if they do not want to run against werks GTs. The import part is to keep a tighter reign on devel in the base GT+ class, but especially what is allowed to be added (trickle down) to the GT class.
Just assuming that Aero developement (The only permitted in GTs) it is applied to road cars and not the way reverse (Nowadays the laptimes are improved by hybrid and active aero systems), which is the natural way in GT cars.

I don't see why this obsession on manufacturers investmens on GTs where the ruleset is tighter than in LMPs, But i don't mind as long as they are forced to sell the cheaper base car without those kits to the privateers, even considering, current economic climate only permits great investments of manufactures instead of privaters (Vita4one,hexis,JRM investment went V and AMR,RJN Nismo,WRT... went ^)