View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2023, 17:39 (Ref:4159356)   #305
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
I dunno about not favoring anyone. Seems to me like it heavily favors Porsche/Ferrari, and may that's what it's been meant to have been all along (bait and switch?).
The change benefits some more than others. Clearly. What I am pointing out is that there isn’t anything in this to suggest that the intention itself was to favor a specific team. I’m arguing against the narratives that it is because the ACO want x manufacturer to win.

I’m guessing based in some very high level analysis guess work that this won’t radically change the order, just the gaps between them. https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...01#post4159201

Quote:
I guess we'll finally see next weekend how much the teams have been sandbagging, cause realistically I don't think any of them have actually been blind sided by this decision.
Why has there been sandbagging? There wasn’t meant to be a change! And also I’m not sure sandbagging really helps anymore. The data the ACO has reduces this a lot. Although may not eradicate, but if you do man you have to be subtle about it.

Quote:
All that aside, how do you really BOP Strategy? Operational efficiency? Driveability and Driver ability? I feel like BOP was meant to balance between the different types of technologies, not to function as success penalties for the teams that put in the work. All well and good to have a show, cause at the end of it, we do want a good race but... As someone who’s been following this for a while it just doesn't... taste? Right.
What is to suggest these changes aren’t for the reasons you say they should be as an opposed to the reason you say they shouldn’t be. At worst you can’t tell.

The ACO have been collecting data, this is the first change they’ve made since most of the teams have been in it. I would be a surprise it there weren’t decent changes when they first did it.

Other than they said it would be after Le Mans before I don’t see anything to see anything wrong with the actual change.

Although I am concerned that they will have to reverse these changes as the newer teams and drivers get up to speed with their cars, the rules, and running conditions. At least part of Toyota’s success is that all of the pieces are well established.