Thread: LM24 Cadillac Northstar LMP
View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2014, 01:46 (Ref:3463586)   #60
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Craik View Post
I was quite surprised at how compact the tub is. As these were open cars and mine does not have the roll over structure, the tub itself easily passes through doors. The problem we had was getting it around a corner and up the stairs....

We have a large room upstairs, it's Fran's office, but it's still big enough. I estimate the tub weighs around 250-300 lbs. I got three friends and we muscled it up the stairs. It was not "easy" but after all it is a CAR.

I have been around a lot of LMP cars, but until I bought this car I had never seen a Caddy in person. For some reason, in photos they looked smaller...

I can attest when you add the bits, they are huge!
OMG, it's up on the second floor haha! Does the rollover structure just bolt onto the back of the main tub or is it something that has to be bonded on?

I got to see these cars twice in person, though not this specific chassis. At Daytona where they ran the full width roll hoop, and then at Petit Le Mans in normal configuration. They were definitely a fan favorite and it was a shame when the program was ended after just a few years, and when they seemed to making good progress with the second gen chassis.