View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1484241)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Believe me bullet, three are hundreds of formulas too, far too many in most peoples view who like me watch short oval racing regularly.
But the thing there is that they are usually local formulas with a farily local driver roster, so some formulas would never work in some places and others thrive.
THe major classes are pretty much uniform, but even then in the open wheelers you have certain areas that do not race under the main banners.
you need very strong localised support for a track as used to be the case at Lydden and I spose Croft til George flogged it on, nowadays Croft is a serious race track and the costs reflect that, in the old days I guess Lydden and Croft were no where near as dear to hire comparatively to a Cadwell or a Donington. They probly still arent but too much to entertain very few speccies and a few drivers, praps why Blyton can run small meetings, not the same costs involved