View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3681815)   #20
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Well, the Brazil crash involved a lapped car, and he was rather dismissive of Am drivers too. Seemed to be a hint that he blames Brendons Silverstone incident on the Am car, which I don't agree with.
For the Brazil crash, I never saw a video of the crash itself, only the aftermath, so that makes it difficult to judge.

As for the Silverstone incident, that's how I read it too: blame the Am. I don't agree either, that was Brendon's misjudgement. Nothing more, nothing less.
IIRC, the Am driver was punished, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
To be brutally honest, if he's not really THAT into it, then I'm glad he's decided to call it quits, rather than continue on to collect cash. That way someone who really does want to win Le Mans can get the seat.
To be fair, I don't think he ever was doing WEC for the money.
I think he genuinely wanted to drive a Porsche LMP1 car, but Le Mans was just one of the races for him.

Last edited by gert; 21 Oct 2016 at 21:11.