Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2018, 19:19 (Ref:3844337)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
It helps ease the timetable congestion at Silverstone.
This weekend is very tight: it only took one red flag this morning to eliminate the lunch break. Saturday and Sunday don't even have a lunch break (although Sunday does have a church break).
From a weekend timetable point of view Silverstone lends itself to a shorter race. Silverstone easily puts on more support and has, as pointed out, the ELMS race too. Whereas with Bahrain the main feature is well the feature!

Not what I would have chosen, but if the marshals get a bit of rest-bite fair enough.

Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

You have to factor in a slice of realism before we go down the woe is me everything is bad avenue. Quite frankly I’d just not bother if I was running this series, it seems you can’t please anyone. Pragmatism is required in all areas of life.

Except you can please some people. There will be thousands (maybe not 55,000 ) at Silverstone and we'll enjoy it. Shame most don’t post here. Perhaps they aren’t real fans.

The fans didn’t chose the race lengths by circuit they just said they wanted variety. That’s what we got. Good.

We’re not going to get Bathurst, Watkins Glen, Nordschleife, Donington, Suzuka or Reims. So why cry when we don’t? It strikes me it is bizarre to follow a sport (or anything) when it continually doesn’t give you what you want and that is all that interests you.

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

Woo, Silverstone.

Last edited by Adam43; 17 Aug 2018 at 19:40.