Thread: WEC WEC 2021 season
View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2020, 19:28 (Ref:3950072)   #99
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
ONLY reason I think it could happen is Keating does seem like that kind of guy and loves to race. I doubt GM would subsidize any of the effort though, beyond possibly drivers when able. It seems like the GM structure of multiple companies under the GM umbrella broken up by continent so WEC racing would be a tough sell to GM NA. Now with a right drive Corvette in the C8 could we see GM Europe (or is there EU vs British Isles breakdown?) chip in for Silverstone or GM Asia/Middle East kick in for their rounds?

Personally I doubt it and think we won't see a non-factory WEC car outside of the US rounds in 20-21. I think we will see a Keating car in 21-22 as he wants to get back to LeMans and try again. And he does seem to be motivated to race cars from the street, multiple interviews he mentions racing cars he sells. Plus I think he'll put those cars in his dealerships after racing.
I'm thinking along the same lines as you. The only thing that makes me think this is possible is that it's Keating, and he's the only one who managed to get his hands on a Ford GT. If anyone can do it, it's him. Long shot though.

Would be a nice boost to the GTE grid.