View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2020, 12:05 (Ref:3971327)   #6
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Prediction of what will happen in 2021:
2x Toyota LMH
1-2x Glickenhaus LMH
1x Ginetta LMP1-Neutered
15x Oreca 07, 30% of those sticker-rebranded as something else stupid
1-3x Non-Oreca-07 LMP2
x Random LMP3s solely supplied by Onroak and Norma

Prediction of what will happen in 2022:
2x Toyota LMH
1-2x Glickenhaus LMH
5-10x "LMdH"-LMP2 rebranded OEM cars solely from USA and France
20x Oreca 07, 50% sticker-rebranded as some crap

Prediction of what will happen in 2023:
15x "LMdH"-LMP2 rebranded OEM cars solely from USA and France (maybe Germany too with Porsche-Oreca or Audi-Dallara)
20-25x Oreca 07, all sticker-rebranded as some crap

Dallara, Oak and Riley will go along with the Oreca 07 cartel without crying as long as they will have base chassis customers in LMdH-thingie, which shouldn't be too much of a problem

What should happen:
Kill LMH
Kill LMdh/DPi
Keep LMP1 (except idiotic success penalties)
Re-Change LMP2 to more open regulations
Keep LMP3 (concept is "fine" for entry level I guess but allow for unlimited chassis constructors)
Likewise, some good thoughts.

I think a little optimistic on the numbers though. As there is going to be a fairly large economic recession/depression following on the heels of this virus.

That raises the question of, who will pay for all this new racing? Even the rich people will be losing big time on their investments, and after having laid off many of their workforce, can a company be viewed as being ethically responsible, if they are seen to be spending money on motor sports?

I think we will need to be very open minded about what we would like to see, and what is possible.

I do agree that perhaps some type of open top class can work, with a variety of different cars, but that would be a bit of a nightmare trying to balance things! I do not believe there is any future of a new class for Hypercars, likewise, the timing will likely prove wrong in trying to establish LMDh also, on both sides of the Atlantic.

There is going to be probably a quite large contraction within motor sports for some years to come, caused by both economics and the governmental control over crowds of people, fear of the virus breaking out again, not to mention travel restrictions.

Life as we knew it before this, will not be returning over night, neither will racing.

Keep the thoughts coming in