View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2020, 17:17 (Ref:3971392)   #12
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'd argue that HPD were even lazier when it came to the ARX-05 (Oreca 07). All they did was change the headlights and added that flap that runs between the fenders/wheel wells.

Yeah, the front bodywork on the Nissan/Ligier was pretty cheap and simple, but more changes got made to the sidepods and engine cover (even if only minor in and of themselves on an individual basis) to accomodate the Nissan engine.

Aside from changes to the engine cover to accommodate the Acura/Honda engine, HPD's DPI upgrade to the Oreca is pretty milquetoast IMO.

And as much as I'd like to see DPI 2.0, LMDH and even LMP2 to a degree get opened up, I highly doubt it'll happen. The economy in the world, which already wasn't great, is taking a big hit with the stagnation of the shutdowns, teams and even constructors (or the racing arms of OEMs and/or their marketing departments) will or likely will plead poverty, and many people's purse strings will tighten, either because of economic hardship or fears of them. That also includes sanctioning bodies.

I don't 100% like LMDH and DPI 2.0 as currently envisioned, but in the realm or road racing, we might be stuck with how IMSA and the ACO envision it for a while.