View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3990629)   #7540
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I see one big problem with ditching LMP2 for LMP3 and that is that a big part of the appeal of LMDH are the fixed prices for the chassis from the approved LMP2 builders. Those guys can, however, only make a profit through economies of scale. Without the LMP2 market, chassis for LMDH will either cost more or be significantly less well engineered.

In other words - and yes, that's a perversion in itself - privateer P2 teams are currently subsidizing the cheap chassis for the manufacturers in DPi.
That's a fair point about the economics. I don't really know how the next set of chassis regs will be different, but I'd have to imagine the current P2 chassis are going to be very similar to what is planned for the future lmp class. Was there a dimension difference that I'm recalling? slightly wider maybe? or was that for hypercar?