View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2020, 19:24 (Ref:3968660)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Silverstone is on the WEC calendar for 1st September according to Autosport, although ELMS has been canned.

I haven't seen the Silverstone email, but it would appear the ACO are expecting to be there! It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Edit: Just read the latest news on the Silverstone web site, it appears Autosport and WEC are behind the curve.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Wasnt the originally planned opening round of the new WEC 2020/21 'Super' Season meant to be at Silverstone early September, but with Le Mans 24Hr being postponed until after that date, and the LM 24 being the final round of the 2019/20 season it was realised that it was a bit silly to have the final round of the previous championship after the first round of the new championship. (Compounded by the new championship having different spec cars).
Or something like that. From what I recall reading the Silverstone season opener was moved to a date after the Le Mans 24 previous season finale.