View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2020, 23:50 (Ref:3994866)   #191
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
I could be wrong or things have changed and different now, but i also thought that in addition to the permanent stewards there are also a couple of stewards nationality appointed perhaps even with one having to be a national of the country hosting the race.

Either way though...the vagueness of the ruling suggests to me that the ones at the race, regardless ofwho appointed them, where more then willing to pass the decision up to mom and dad to sort out.
You're right, normally a local added to the permanent pair but they're all FIA Stewards as a group, appointed by and representing the FIA.

The decision does seem quite vague and contradictory in many ways - not unusual for stewards to sit on the fence in matters of higher complexity or bigger stakes and it sounds like that may be what has happened here.