View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2146536)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Shanghai is not a LMS race

The 2008 LMP1 rules don't allow for hybrid drive train/KERS. Therefor I find it hard to believe that Peugeot will already race with a hybrid 908 this year.

On top of that they are currently struggling to get to the minimum weight of 900 kg and they want to add some extra batteries and electric motor
I think it's a fair assumption the major manufactuers are aware of/in discussion, with the ACO about major reg changes well before we become aware.

We already know Corvette is working on some kind of '2010' Coupe, while the GT1 engine break surely didn't come out of the blue for Aston Martin, Corvette, even Maserati, if Vitaphone's Lola Maserati Coupe discussion's are to be beleived.

As for the hybrid technology, Zytek now seem to believe it's feasible, and after overcoming the problems with a P1 diesel, I'm sure Peugeot are quite advanced in this area.

In fact someone at Peugeot was discussing 12 months back, on Motors TV, about them moving onto hybrids/alternative fuels at Le Man's, after the diesel engine had been perfected.

Last edited by JAG; 7 Mar 2008 at 20:51.