View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2008, 04:41 (Ref:2113128)   #30
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
"I hate Tony George and the IRL" -- mountainstar, whose self-control will keep him from punching him in the mouth.

To suggest that the IRL and CC are equal in assets, visibility and viability is ludiicrous, IMO. The Indianapolis 500 itself covers a whole CC season in TV ratings and over the course of the month of May, probably exceeds attendance to any medium multiple of CC events.

CC may well have its place. But it wasn't Asia. And it isn't the streets of U.S. cities. And the current focus is on Europe. Three changes of direction in four years. If it continues, I hope it finds its place where it fits into the motorsports community instead of being only the "I Hate Tony George Championship."
He's not really worth it is he?

Well if you are confident, then let's wait to see the supposedly quality field who fronts up at Homestead and then later at Indy.