View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2113494)   #47
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
This is getting scary...

I have my likes and dislikes, but the opposite of love is not hate - the opposite of love is indifference.

Hate (to feel hostility or animosity towards) is (to me) not a basis on which to operate in my daily life. I love my family. That does not mean that I "hate" everyone else.

Basing your activities on your hatred of something is a dangerous thing. I have been to those "fan" sites and the things that are said about people like TG and Miller are frankly, embarassing if you consider yourself an educated, thinking human being. It is like reading unfiltered vitriol. If the words are a window to these souls than clearly there is an unwillingness to approach this issue in a rational way.

As far as an "independent" company to run things, that would be lovely - but saying that this is the solution for now implies that the IRL has failed as - it is, rather, the part of CIRCL that is least in need of life-support. If TG has the resources then to make the offer he has, I would say that the hope of an "independent" company to run things is part of a future vision.

Methinks that some want their cake and to eat it too: a merger, but only if TG is reduced to team owner status just like the Amigos. The problem there is that TG will always be in a better position tactically and financially than the amigos.
Oh John you're so melodramatic. I'm being very rational and always have been. Why not find the middle ground so peace can be found?

The irl has failed. It's had 12 years and it's on it's knees. Indy used to be a great event that took up the month of may. There is no innovation, few drivers of interest with many leaving for nascar left and right, pole day and bump day are DEAD like a ghost town, sponsors are drying up left and right, Homestead and Watkins Glen are about to get the boot, Honda might be out the door etc, TV rating suck, etc.

It had it's chance and has failed big time.