View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3370088)   #146
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The dark patches will remain dark, it's only the lit parts, which will become a bit more lit.
As i read it, the lighting will be placed at the Ford chicanes and entrance to the pits. So I assume its because the frequent spinners in the Ford Chicane and better visibility of the cars entering the pit.
That's the way I interpreted it too. If you're spinning in those kind of light levels, then get better drivers.

I actually don't mind much of the lighting, because the cars still remain largely in darkness. But I hope the ACO don't take the magic away. When I watched Daytona last month, it really didn't do it for me seeing the cars fully lit up to the point where they didn't need headlights any more.

Seeing a pair of lights coming at speed towards you and trying to work out what's coming is all part of the Le Mans experience. Would be a massive shame if we lost that completely.