View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3941780)   #60
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I too was looking for shots that were likely taken in Le Mans, I also agree that it seems almost certain that the cathedral shot was the only one.

The comment about how long it would have taken Ken Miles to walk from the cathedral to the circuit reminded me of another movie where this happened. I had just returned from a trip to Singapore and watched Crazy Rich Asians with the wife. There was a scene where a character just casually walked from Orchard Road/Newton Circus area to Sentosa Island. Made me laugh as that would have taken all night, similar to Miles' walk.
Do not forget Ben Stiller's extreme skateboarding trip through Iceland in The secret life of Walter Mitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I was wondering while watching how many of the Cobras and GT40s used in the film were originals. According to a small piece in Classic Car Weekly today, Superformance provided several replicas for the film makers. So I’m now wondering which cars were the ‘fakes’ and which were the ‘real’.....
Well the amount of Porsche 906 rear ends was also quite high, compared to how few there were, compared to Ferraris and especially GT40's which entered the race:
https://www.racingsportscars.com/pho...966-06-19.html