View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3942144)   #64
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Saw it last night with wife and non-car friends. We all enjoyed it. None of the racing cliches really made me eye-roll too hard, I was busy just enjoying the sounds and visuals of racing cars moving along.

I feel like knowing what I know as a sportscar fan, there was very little of Ford vs. Ferrari, and more of Ford vs. Shelby/Miles. Seriously the main antagonist was Ford Marketing exec Beebe.It was still an enjoyable story even if it was 1,000% accurate. The environment of Le Mans in the 60s made up for it. It could truthfully make up for a lot more historical liberties.

My wife kept bugging me "who dies?" throughout the movie, I guess it was that obvious. And it was difficult not to see it as another Ford propaganda piece like "24 Hour War." Either way, I'll probably add it to my list of things to watch in the lead up to Le Mans every year.