Old 20 Aug 2010, 23:35 (Ref:2747843)   #106
rdt012237
Rookie

United States
somewhere,I think?
rdt012237 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Somebody give that man a cigar. I would be just as happy to have it all left on the net, and we get it on a pay per view basis. TV as we know it will be dead in the next few years. I know it sounds a bit crazy now, but on a worldwide basis, a strictly sports car racing only web TV station with Hindy and Co involved would be successful.
Amen to Porsche 91722 and Carsten66! In my case I ,in central New Jersey USA, do not have cable I use "Rabbit Ears" with the switch to digital TV signals my TV now recieves less than half the channels it used to. Cable around here starts at around $50 a month. Oh ya want Speed? Now you've got to step up to a more expensive package. Versus is another step up from the expense of Speed. I watch racing via the Internet This weekend since the ALMS race is on Sunday I probobaly will have to search another source for the R/A race or pay for Speeds in car camera shots coverage at thier website. [My normal sites will have 10 or so people all broadcasting the same nascrap at Bristol]after that race I go to the Izod indy car site and watch them at Sears Point for free. For a full season of Alms I would be willing to pay a reasonable subsription fee to see it on the internet [say $50-$75] I'm setup to transfer the computer image to my tv so I'm not stuck watching the small screen .
Am I a teenage computer geek.. NO I'm 57 years old and was out of college before the first calculators hit the markets here in the USA.[ high tech was a slide rule!]
Why is ALMS [Who proclaims itself as having High tech racing]worrying about selling itself to to a LOW tech media. Internet subcription at their website would return all the profits to them, At my job I know that even after 22 years at the same company either I will adapt and change with the times or I will have to file for unemployment. Why cant ALMS?
Besides which. less electronic equipment in the consumers hands is GREENER than more!