View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2313912)   #62
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCRacing
Bob, Good call. Been a few years since paying that for entries. However my point still stands. Also, do BARC still do the reduced entry fee if you enter two races at the event? Would need to factor that in as well. I am sure I have missed off other incidental costs as well.
There isn't a huge great pot of money being hoarded by the organising clubs from Club racing
There is a sort of reduction for entering two races, a BARC double header is a little over £400 so that shows a small reduction that is complicated by the fact that double headers are usually over two days, which even if that doesn't earn a circuit hire reduction at certainly reduces some overheads.

I'm sure you are right when you say that clubs are not hoarding money, but the difference between now and the "good old days" and I say that with tongue in cheek, is that the clubs have a large number of salaried staff doing work wkich long ago was done by volunteers who simply loved the sport. Now, a lot of people stand between the racer and the grid making a living from "helping".