View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2023, 09:31 (Ref:4164326)   #33
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
BSJ wasn't a bad place to be overall, it was well maintained and there was a cafe and bar. Trouble is, it all folded at 5pm on Sundsy, so those who were staying until Monday am needed to be sure they had food and drink for the evening.

I'm minded to get my entry and stand tickets from the ACO but go back to a package for the camping etc. I still think Porsche Curves, although expensive, is a good place to stay, the bar and cafe stays open until later on the Sunday, you have a great view of the track and thus it's better to spend the final two/three hours watching from there, thus missing the Scramble for the last buses before 4pm.
Went onto track for presentations from gate by start line after watching finish and all the cars come back through the Marshalls at Ford/Motul chicanes.

Very busy on track for presentations and then went to look at the finish pound near pit entry.

From there took a leisurely stroll down the track towards Porsche curves looking at all the various skid marks and barrier tyre barriers etc. Came off track by bridge (Pont curve in Porsche curves section) and down embankment by TD Porsche curves site. Under bridge and you’re 150 metres or so from BSJ roundabout or even closer to allotment path.

Did still have cold beers at camp (threw some ice away Monday am), but also private site bar and food options by trackside (by then public road bit) and site winds down after breakfast on Monday.

Shame the normal bit of BSJ winds down so quick - 2017 everything shut in village at 4pm so opening a bit later now but could still open a bit longer at campsites and help ease post race departure rush.