Old 3 Dec 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3944561)   #56
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Grasser going to IMSA full time is no step back. Thought Bortolotti was a lock for one of those seats. Guess not now. Just a means that FFF and Grasser don't step on each other's toes. Since it looks like Lambo has two main teams now.
I find it difficult to consider IMSA a step up from Blancpain Europe. Perhaps it's a lateral move at best to go from contesting the most difficult GT3 series on the planet, to running the lowest class of the second best mixed class endurance series. Not to mention the atmosphere and general exposure that is generated from road racing in Europe vs. America is on another level. Here IMSA coverage is sometimes live, sometimes not, on a channel you don't get with basic coverage. The average American vaguely knows some NASCAR drivers (Maybe not anymore as Stewart, Gordon, and Earnhardt are all retired) but have no idea who Felipe Nasir, Earl Bamber, or Romain Dumas are. At the track I would say that the atmosphere is not as good as a WEC race in Europe (I'll be able to compare to Blancpain next Sept. in Nurburgring).