Old 3 Dec 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3944571)   #58
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
You're significantly overestimating the impact of GT racing here in Europe! Outside of a few 24h classics (Le Mans, Spa, N'Ring) sportscar and GT races rarely get more than a few thousand spectators.

Here are the numbers for ADAC GT:

Oschersleben > 25.000
Most > 17.800
Red Bull Ring > 16.000
Zandvoort > 14.000
Nürburgring > 18.000
Hockenheim > 18.000
Sachsenring > 25.000

And those are weekend numbers, so you have to divide those by two or three to get the number of the actual people who are at the track at any given time.

I don't have exact figures for Blancpain, but for the races that I have been to, I'd say that they are pulling similar if not slightly smaller crowds than ADAC.

There is a reason why European sportscar and GT teams have crossed the pond time and again
Fair enough, although I still think GTD barely gets any coverage on IMSA races as well. I still think it's a sad loss to European racing as they were a big supporter of many of the series I love to follow. I do follow IMSA as well, but I'm a GT fan and they don't really show much of the GT stuff (aside from VIR and Limerock). I think in general as a top team it would always be better to run in a series where you are in the spot light. However there is a reason I'm not running a team either so I'll defer to their expertise and decision making.