Thread: 2020 TCR Series
View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2020, 02:02 (Ref:4006300)   #234
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
That's a huge generalisation,
A generalisation, but not a huge one.

Quote:
extrapolating one opinion to cover all supercars fans.
No no, there's plenty. I cant quote every relevant post on this board otherwise I'd get into trouble from Adam.

If you didn't like my comment, you might also want to have a chat with Peter Adderton (Ripping off Sandgroper link in the Gen 3 thread).

https://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...arity/4876544/

In reference to Supercar fans -

Quote:
The shape or make of the cars, however, is not something Adderton is overly interested in, his theory that the racing product is more important.

"Consumers have become less passionate about the brand of their car," he said.

"I think people love the concept of racing.

Quote:
What do you define as "genuine" car racing ?
First and foremost, there has to be some authenticity in the cars. Not only does supercars not have that, they're not interest in it. I refer to Sean Seamer's interview on SEN1116 during the week (I may link the interview later)

If then gets a bit blurry and that needs greater clarification. But it's too fatiguing to write and read atm.

Quote:
A field of closely matched cars and drivers where the difference in lap times is measured in thousands of a second fighting for position in a race seems fairly genuine to me.
Refer to one five five's post quoting you.

Quote:
Multiple cars sitting idle in sheds or being handed back to the "actual" owners/entrepeneurs because they cannot manage to produce a single race meeting does not resemble genuine car "racing".
It's got nothing to do with the authenticity of the cars or racing. That's more to do with how "business people" run their "business".