Old 4 Oct 2011, 08:34 (Ref:2965371)   #123
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
It could be. It would certainly be great to see a factory go the route that Acura did a few years ago. That would be remarkable and we still see the fruits of that type of organization a few years after Acura pulled their money. I just get the feeling that it will be another quirky in-house Toyota effort. Which house that is will be determined I guess, but I guess it would be TTE (or whatever they call themselves now). They may even go Le Mans only to try to keep some secrets and try to surprise everyone in June. It's very hard to get a sense of what Toyota has up their sleeve, but if it is a full factory program, I'd imagine it would be done the Toyota way.

Perhaps Rebellion could be Toyota's "Champion" or something where they race in other championships or what not. I guess we will have to find out. You never know what Toyota is thinking. All things can point one direction, but they may do something totally different. You would have to think that redemption is on their mind and that they are going to create something worth talking about. I would think that hybrids are almost assured, but what kind of hybrid? Toyota could actually make a Prius cool here if they know what they are doing.
Haha I doubt they will use the prius brand to go racing, but just like you said. You never know.
I really hope they also lease some customer cars to rebellion if they don't decide to use them. I really like the rebellion effort some how. They just seem to get things right.