View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2020, 11:46 (Ref:3995942)   #226
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Spire Racing so they expand to a 2 charter 2 car program and move in to Leavine's old shop in Concord. Rotating drivers this season so I'd guess we'll see 2 cars doing that, 2 charters wasted it appears.

Spire also bought Furniture Row's charter when they shut down as well after 2018.
I saw Jr interviewing the Spire chap; sorry my memory is so bad I don't remember his name. He is hoping to get a full time driver in one, possibly both cars. Talked about Chastain and Haley, though was very open about trying to get Chastain into Hendrick or Ganassi (think he is his agent or something like that).

Also spoke of trying to flip the Furniture Row charter for a quick profit but nobody was interested, and that he ended up running a Cup team by default.

Said next year was going to be learning and screwing up with hope they'll know what they're about for the new cars in 2022.

Personally I think Ross Chastain is deserving of a Cup ride, so hope it'll happen.