View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2008, 06:39 (Ref:2101026)   #84
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
What if the toy is being thrown at you for your opinion?

CC...I don't know how many years it has left...I will go so far as to say I think it will exist, in some form or another, in 2009. Beyond that, I do not know. All I know is that I will be buying the "director" stuff once more, and I intend on going up to Edmonton for the GP (unless it has been canceled for 2009, thus I would seem quite the wiener for not knowing?).

I have tried to suggest this in the past in various situations (some ten-tenths, some not), but the notion is for CC to accept its current scenario as to be a support series. It would be rather immense if they could tie in with NASCAR events, but this seems less than likely.

Other than that, surely they could tie in some "lesser" events? I went to see ALMS at Mosport in 2007, for example, and I am going to go again. Yes, the ALMS thing was neat, but, ultimately, I am going there because the place is intense. I went last year because ALMS was the largest thing there: last year, had Mosport offered both at different dates, then I would have picked CC over ALMS.

Put the ALMS and CC together when possible. Put CC and NASCAR together when possible. Pit CC and IRL together when possible. Put CC and Rolex togther when possible.

Any pretentious thoughts CC may (or may not?) have need to be hurled asunder. IMO, tagging on with "greater" series is about the only option that remains.