Thread: WEC Rebellion Racing
View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3587920)   #1161
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can follow Knighty as the time Strakka annouced their stop is quite curious. What has been changed in terms of performance differencies between LMP1-H and LMP1-L since the time Strakka has annouced their program. Nothing

I would be surprised if the S103 chassis is not suitable for a LMP1 as Dome never totally stopped the LMP1 development and its was based on the S103 chassis. But maybe Graham knows more.

Otherwise I have to say from what are you dreaming guys. Even a massive rule change will not help the privateers. They can run with 1000 hp or more, they will have no chance.

It is a difference if you run with 15 people, maybe 10 million euro and do 1.000 to 5.000 km testing or if you work with 200 people , have 60 to 180 million euro and do 50.000 km testing. A private team does not have the money, not the ressources, not the manpower and so on to run on the same level than a works team. All other is pure illusion.

And no works team is interested to change the rules in all terms ( power, weight, maybe aero) to bring the private teams close to them, as they don't spend millions of euros to be beaten by private teams