View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1805292)   #2
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have a few old Irish programmes from back then. I just leafed through them now and there's not a whole lot in the ones I have. In any event, here's what there is.

Bisquit Cognac Leinster Trophy Mondello Park 11.07.1971
Sports Cars and Specials race.
#51 A. Collier 1445 Daren Mk2
-------------------
Carlow Trophy Races Mondello Park 'August Monday'.1971
Formula Libre race
#51 A. Collier 1445 Daren Mk2
-------------------
Demolition Trophy Race Mondello Park 17.10.1971
Sports Cars and Specials race
#51 A. Collier 1991 Daren Mk3
-------------------
another Daren reference you may have interest in is this one for Tom O'Leary:
Demolition Trophy Race Mondello Park 22.10.1972
Sports Cars and Specials race
#43 T. O'Leary 1594 Daren
-------------------
There's just very slightly more in this next one. There's a photo of Arthur sitting in a racing car... but you only see Arthur not the car, so its difficult to tell what it could be. There's also a small piece of text, see below.
Phoenix Park Races 02-03.09.1972
" Arthur Collier (Bunclody), won the Duckhams Sports Car Championship at Mondello Park last year and was third in the Dunlop Hawthorn/Irish Shell & BP Trophy race. Drives the works Daren Mk3 this year. "

Strangely, in the programme itself the entry for Arthur in both the Handicap and Players No. 6 Grand Prix is :
#36 A. Collier 1790 Chevron B19 FVC.
There is a Daren entered for Tom O'Leary :
# 43 T.O'Leary 1594 Daren FVA.