View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1832864)   #21
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, will post all I have here within the next few days and someone can then move / edit as appropriate.

It seems that the chassis Kale has is one of the 3 missing Daren Mk's.

There were 8 built. 2 were destroyed in competition and one in a garage fire in Ireland (Arthur Collier's). That leaves 5 survivors.

There are 2 known to exist today - my car (ex-Peter Richardson with Nurburgring 1000/Targa Florio entries) and the car currently owned by the son of Daren founder John Green (Dave). Dave's is the second car of Martin Raymond (first written off).

The 8 Daren Mk2 chassis that were made were numbers D6922 through D7029.

Deciphering the chassis numbers:

Mine is D6924

D=Daren
69 = year of manufacture
2 = model (Mk2)
4 = chassis 4

My car was the second Peter Richardson car, his first was written off at the Mont Ventoux hill climb.

Martin Raymond's first car D6923 was sold to the USA when the second (D7025) was completed. This is missing.

John Green scrapped D7026 after a serious accident at Thruxton. One of the destroyed chassis.

Arthur Collier had D7029 but this was destroyed in a garage fire in Ireland. Another destroyed chassis.

The 3 "missing" cars are Martin Raymond's first, Jeremy Richardson's car and one which went initially to the Springbok Series and was then apparently back in the UK hill climbing.

The chassis Kale has in Germany must be one of these.

David Sewell who worked at Daren in period has helped build a lot of this information and I hope he posts here at some point!

Regards,

Roger