Thread: Car Spotting
View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2023, 08:45 (Ref:4148601)   #713
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The lady driving this car was definitely younger than the car, and drove like she stole it. Small spot of the "wood grain" peeling at the front arch, otherwise perfect Buick

In 1983, my wife and I took our twins to Florida for about three and a half weeks as way of congratulating them for exceeding their expected exam results to get into the schools of their choice. I had booked a station wagon from Alamo to be picked up at Orlando, but it wasn't there on arrival. In fact, they only had a compact, which I foolishly accepted just so that we could get to the hotel on Internation Drive, leaving half the luggage at the rental place.

The following morning I went back to the airport where they exchanged the compact for a fairly new station wagon and took the rest of the luggage. After a few days the air-con packed up, so back to Alamo to swap again. The second one also had a failure so had to go back.

Then they handed me the keys to a station wagon similar to the one pictured, but with full wood external trim around all the windows; what a monster, but far superior to anything else they had given us.