Old 15 Dec 2008, 02:51 (Ref:2354958)   #5
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
Does Matos stand any real chance of success with Luczo Dragon? I don't follow IRL enough to know of the teams other than the top flight ones stand chance of winning.

I've watched Matos come up through the MazdaSpeed latter (and unfortunately, burn his bridge with them), but I'll be pulling for him to do well in IRL!

If it's not a team capable of winning, hopefully he can at least make a good enough impression to be noticed by the top flite teams.
All indications are Matos is the real deal. 2007 Atlantics champ, 2008 Lights champ.

As far as the team, they ran 6 races, had 6 DNFs, and almost all of them were broken driveshafts, which they stated their opinion it was due to Scheckter's drving style. Luczo Dragon is owned by Jay Penske (Roger's son) and Steve(?) Luczo (co-owner of the Boston Red Sox). They ran Indy in 2007 and they were a kind of satellite to the Penske operation and finished 5th with Ryan Briscoe in a one-off. Last year, they went off on their own with no help doing a partial schedule. My personal opinion is they'll fall in that Panther/Vision/KV/Rahal team range of not the A-list challenging for wins every race, but every once in awhile popping up and challenging.