View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2023, 12:45 (Ref:4144348)   #3062
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I always felt that the Le Mans safety cars worked quite well. So why the need to overhaul them?
I'm guessing it's with a view to trying to 'tweak' the product for TV. The ACO talked about this a bit about trying to increase entertainment value without sacrificing the core product. So we get this kind of IMSA-lite style solution.

I'm not intelligent enough to work through all the scenarios here as to how it will play out. The position of class leaders is going to be really key I think. While they aren't giving free laps back IMSA-style - there certainly will be instances where cars about to go a lap down will essentially get their whole lap back, due to the wave-by and then the merge.

Also think there's large potential for things to go wrong initially. And clearly it's going to add a fair chunk of time on to safety cars.