View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2023, 17:29 (Ref:4149159)   #318
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
How limiting is Farano?
I know he's a bronze, a 'proper' Am, but how fast/slow is he? He's obviously fast enough to have won the LMP2 class at Sebring, though the depth of field isn't quite the same in IMSA LMP2.

The occasional bronze can mix it with the pro drivers, like Keating for example. At Daytona a year or so back he was in thr DPi category, and if I remember rightly he wasn't the slowest of the 4 drivers in his car, or at least, was right up there with them? Anyway, it seems almost unfair to other bronze drivers that they have to compete against Keating
Trying to compare IMSA to Le Mans is a bit misleading. It's much easier for teams to mitigate the bronze drivers with cautions and laps back. Dwight Merriman has a Rolex which literally tells you everything you need to know. Plus IMSA mandates a bronze I believe which Le Mans/WEC does not. So any bronze would be competing with a much higher calibre of 'Am'.