Old 22 May 2024, 23:07 (Ref:4210043)   #2276
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I feel like I'm shooting Bambi here but there hasn't been a lot apart from 'past reputation' that Danny Ricc has done to justify a spot in F1 over someone more deserving or promising.

Add K-Mag to the list too I suppose, but he has played a decent team game and nabbed that pole in Brazil
Sadly you are correct.
Old 24 May 2024, 01:24 (Ref:4210120)   #2277
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sainz To Williams?

Seriously? Are Williams better and/or have better future prospects than Audi-Sauber?

Presumably the Spanish sponsor mafia may join the team, which could be a good thing.
Old 24 May 2024, 05:37 (Ref:4210129)   #2278
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Seriously? Are Williams better and/or have better future prospects than Audi-Sauber?

Presumably the Spanish sponsor mafia may join the team, which could be a good thing.
Mercedes power unit? Plenty of scuttlebutt around that it'll be good. Maybe Adrian Newey is keen to go back to Williams?

James Vowles' avowed plans to sacrifice this & next year to be competitive in 2026 might appeal if the full back-story is known - struggle to see them sitting at the back forever, but then this IS F1 and everyone is pushing on.

Spanish mafia - Repsol Williams could look pretty good.
Old 24 May 2024, 06:16 (Ref:4210132)   #2279
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Spanish mafia - Repsol Williams could look pretty good.
Santander Bank, Telefonica, Repsol, Estrella Galicia, Mapfre… plenty of space to sell..
Old 24 May 2024, 15:13 (Ref:4210196)   #2280
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just posting this Williams documentary from 1993, quite interesting imo.

https://youtu.be/SyveFhUfl2g?si=gWYZ9Rc0CpYCvfcb
Old 28 May 2024, 23:26 (Ref:4210842)   #2281
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Santander Bank, Telefonica, Repsol, Estrella Galicia, Mapfre… plenty of space to sell..
Repsol Out of Honda MotoGP

Planets aligning?
Old 29 May 2024, 00:00 (Ref:4210845)   #2282
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Repsol Out of Honda MotoGP

Planets aligning?
Maybe for Sainz?
Or a Spanish Armada to Aston Martin....
Old 29 May 2024, 06:28 (Ref:4210856)   #2283
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Maybe for Sainz?
Or a Spanish Armada to Aston Martin....
Aston Martin is blessed by that seemingly unlimited Aramco backing, who supply all kinds of energy products.. and brands the car with its Valvoline brand these days…
Old 29 May 2024, 06:35 (Ref:4210858)   #2284
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Aston Martin is blessed by that seemingly unlimited Aramco backing, who supply all kinds of energy products.. and brands the car with its Valvoline brand these days…

Yes, I'm aware of that but that doesn't mean if there's a place for Aramco and Valvoline it doesn't mean there isn't a place for Repsol.

Repsol had indicated they are interested in fuel development including synthetic fuels so there would be nothing unusual about them being involved in F1 in the future....
Old 29 May 2024, 09:07 (Ref:4210875)   #2285
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Yes, I'm aware of that but that doesn't mean if there's a place for Aramco and Valvoline it doesn't mean there isn't a place for Repsol.

Repsol had indicated they are interested in fuel development including synthetic fuels so there would be nothing unusual about them being involved in F1 in the future....
The supply of Mercedes Benz HPE engines to any customer team requires the supply and usage exclusively of Petronas oils, lubricants and fuels as delivered by Mercedes.

Anything else (like McLaren's Gulf) seems to be window dressing branding
Old 29 May 2024, 10:13 (Ref:4210881)   #2286
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The supply of Mercedes Benz HPE engines to any customer team requires the supply and usage exclusively of Petronas oils, lubricants and fuels as delivered by Mercedes.

Gulf also has a partnership with Williams, supporting their driver academy plus their e-sports.
Old 29 May 2024, 11:24 (Ref:4210892)   #2287
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Gulf also has a partnership with Williams, supporting their driver academy plus their e-sports.

Be nice to see a Gulf livery on a Williams. Two iconic brands
Old 29 May 2024, 11:45 (Ref:4210893)   #2288
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Do you mean like Singapore, Japan and Qatar in 2023?

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...postcount=2052
Old 29 May 2024, 16:57 (Ref:4210922)   #2289
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Gulf don't have that kind of money, it's a "shell" brand (pardon the pun) that merely sells rebranded products AFAIK. They have no oil industry infrastructure anymore beyond any other small-time oil blenders AFAIK.

With Valvoline being acquired by parent company Aramco, that has more chance of becoming a major vertically integrated competitor to Shell or Mobil or Petronas or Total (no longer Valvoline products being formulated by various blenders in various markets using base products and additives sourced from Shell or ExxonMobil, but instead a big player from refinery to shelf?).

It seems like Armaco are pushing the Valvoline branding quite hard on the Aston Martin, though obviously the car will NOT race in Valvoline colours instead of Aston Racing Green!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 29 May 2024 at 17:02.
Old 29 May 2024, 17:08 (Ref:4210924)   #2290
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 29 May 2024, 18:09 (Ref:4210928)   #2291
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’d forgotten about that Williams livery. I seem to remember McLaren had a similar liveryat Monaco one year though?
Old 29 May 2024, 18:19 (Ref:4210929)   #2292
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I’d forgotten about that Williams livery. I seem to remember McLaren had a similar liveryat Monaco one year though?

Old 29 May 2024, 19:23 (Ref:4210935)   #2293
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I’d forgotten about that Williams livery.
It would seem the brands aren't so iconic then?
Old 30 May 2024, 00:31 (Ref:4210949)   #2294
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To answer the question of the thread title. Does Williams have a spare tub? It sounds like they brought a spare with them to Miami.

Richard
Old 30 May 2024, 01:40 (Ref:4210951)   #2295
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Despite the colours, the Gulf logos are tiny as Gulf just don't have that kind of money any more.
Old 30 May 2024, 07:01 (Ref:4210959)   #2296
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
No, it's just I remembered the McLaren one more
Old 30 May 2024, 07:16 (Ref:4210960)   #2297
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:

But in 2026 they will be exclusively with Honda.....