Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 9 Sep 2024, 12:26 (Ref:4225900)   #151
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
PS : PI is about four hours from your location, will you watch your home GP from your armchair?
Not that far, a couple of hours easy. Normally.
However there is only a narrow bridge a couple of klms long to get onto the Island and another narrow 10klms road from there to the track is always a long bumper to bumper traffic jam . Traffic is not smooth flowing and delays certainly leaving the Island after will be horrific. So yeah double the normal time as all the peripheral roads leading to PI also clog up. Not so bad with say 20,000 people for the Historic meet compared to many times more for the MotoGP

Helicopter is the way for the chosen few to travel!

Not for me though I shall watch from my comfy recliner with a bottle of red!

Last edited by E.B; 9 Sep 2024 at 12:35.
Old 9 Sep 2024, 16:58 (Ref:4225932)   #152
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not for me though I shall watch from my comfy recliner with a bottle of red!

What do we have ATM …
J Martin 312 pts
F Bagnaia 305 pts
M Marquez 259 pts
E Bastianini 250 pts
So, Schummy your opinion? Four contenders is fair enough for you (Ducati Cup only)?
To follow we have:
B Binder KTM 161 pts
P Acosta Tech3 Gas-Gas KTM 152 pts
M Viñales Aprilia 139 pts
F Di Giannantonio VR46 Ducati 119 pts
A Espargaro Aprilia 119 pts
A Marquez Gresini Ducati 114 pts
M Bezzechi VR46 Ducati 93 pts
F Morbidelli Pramac Ducati 90 pts.
Old 9 Sep 2024, 23:36 (Ref:4225957)   #153
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The rumours have been doing the rounds for a while but finally confirmed over the weekend was the split of Repsol and Honda after 3 decades together. Also championships with Mick Doohan, Alex Criville, Valentino Rossi, Nicky Hayden, Casey Stoner and Marc Marquez.

Repsol say they intend to continue their links to motorsport in terms of "...continuing to develop products and services of the highest quality.”

Does that mean we should expect to see Repsol stickers on another manufacturer / team?
Old 10 Sep 2024, 04:29 (Ref:4225972)   #154
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Does that mean we should expect to see Repsol stickers on another manufacturer / team?
This was my thoughts too.
Old 10 Sep 2024, 18:50 (Ref:4226035)   #155
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
And what about TotalEnergies to replace Repsol? With Peugeot they are used to join losers teams… Less seriously, if possible, it was talked about Petronas to join the filed.