Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 May 2024, 15:05 (Ref:4209992)   #26
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This happens a lot.

Look at shows int he winter, Race Retro was established and then this startup London thing came out and was put on the same weekend, utterly idiotic, each party are looking to close the other down, with no regard for their own income or fans, who in shows terms would possibly do both!

These people are greedy dumb and self centred, so my way is to not support any of them where possible
Old 22 May 2024, 18:24 (Ref:4210007)   #27
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Somewhat off-topic but I was chatting with a mate yesterday who went to The Classic & Modern Motorsport meeting at Mallory on Sunday. He was highly impressed with the large number of races held on the day, the quality of the meeting and the relatively low cost (£15.00 per adult) to get in. the fact that it was also a glorious sunny day too was the icing on the cake he said!
I was there on Sunday and will agree with what you've been told - it was all helped by divers (mostly) being sensible and staying on track and not driving into each other to cause red flags.
Old 22 May 2024, 19:14 (Ref:4210018)   #28
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pity I bought a ticket before the entry list came out. I won't commit to the Masters at the Donington meeting until I have seen their entry lists now.

Agree about Mallory. 9.30 start, away by 17.30, good weather and a decent size crowd.
Old 22 May 2024, 22:12 (Ref:4210035)   #29
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Was debating this or motorcross this weekend, having just seen the entry list I think I'll be opting for the motocross.
Canada Heights?
Old 22 May 2024, 22:17 (Ref:4210036)   #30
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Pity I bought a ticket before the entry list came out. I won't commit to the Masters at the Donington meeting until I have seen their entry lists now.

Agree about Mallory. 9.30 start, away by 17.30, good weather and a decent size crowd.
Any meeting I have to pay to get in now I check the entry before buying a ticket.
Old 22 May 2024, 22:22 (Ref:4210037)   #31
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Well due to work, looks like i'll be there on Saturday then up to Donington on Sunday For British GT. Hopefully there wont be too many interuptions during the day!

Is there anyone on here or know any one who has had recent experience of both entering and competing in Masters Historic and Peter Auto? From what i can see, and this is just purely from a fan/spectator view, both series are targeting the same owners/teams and it looks as if there is little to no co-operation between both organizers. I'm just just curious what makes one more attractive than the other to enter?
The major difference is Peter Auto is entirely based in Europe where Masters is roughly 50/50 so gets the UK competitors here and a sprinkling of them plus the European drivers in Europe. Masters retain the FIA F1 which must be their Jewel in the Crown, this may change with the change of Masters ownership. Peter auto managed to grab the Group C series which used to be similar to Masters being largely UK based. Next season calendar will be interesting.
Old 23 May 2024, 11:04 (Ref:4210069)   #32
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Canada Heights?
Yes indeed! Just keeping an eye on the weather forecast/social media pages, as rain has stopped play there before. Fingers crossed it will stay dry enough for all the teams to get in.

There is also grasstrack in Kent this weekend. Didn't get to a motocross event last year though, so that takes priority and I'll try and fit grasstrack in later in the summer.

(Bloody typical that there are multiple events I like all on the same weekend! )
Old 23 May 2024, 17:14 (Ref:4210094)   #33
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Updated entry btw now has now 15 Historic F1s, 11 Sportscars with not one Lola T70 which is pretty insane now. Endurance Legends has now gained a Dodge Viper and a Lola B98 however
Old 24 May 2024, 07:03 (Ref:4210140)   #34
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
(Bloody typical that there are multiple events I like all on the same weekend! )
Autosport has a comment article on this very subject this week

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 26 May 2024, 12:17 (Ref:4210354)   #35
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Updated entry btw now has now 15 Historic F1s, 11 Sportscars with not one Lola T70 which is pretty insane now. Endurance Legends has now gained a Dodge Viper and a Lola B98 however
Lola crashed out in qualifying and Viper hasn’t left the team awning all weekend. So now down to 8 cars, F1 down to 11 and 10 cars finished the second GT race.
Old 26 May 2024, 15:12 (Ref:4210392)   #36
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Any meeting I have to pay to get in now I check the entry before buying a ticket.
Wot 'e said ... no lack of enthusiastic social media presence however.
Old 26 May 2024, 18:48 (Ref:4210443)   #37
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
Lola crashed out in qualifying and Viper hasn’t left the team awning all weekend. So now down to 8 cars, F1 down to 11 and 10 cars finished the second GT race.
Yeah its rather tragic when you compare to the grids at Paul Ricard a few weeks ago.

Seems as tho every big historic event in this country is struggling wether its Donington, Brands, even Silverstone doesn't get the grids it used too.

However there is no lack of Brits racing with Peter Auto, GTSCC in Italy etc, maybe the tracks just aren't appealing
Old 26 May 2024, 20:53 (Ref:4210486)   #38
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Yeah its rather tragic when you compare to the grids at Paul Ricard a few weeks ago.

Seems as tho every big historic event in this country is struggling wether its Donington, Brands, even Silverstone doesn't get the grids it used too.

However there is no lack of Brits racing with Peter Auto, GTSCC in Italy etc, maybe the tracks just aren't appealing
Too many events.

Sent from my SM-T736B using Tapatalk
Old 27 May 2024, 07:55 (Ref:4210657)   #39
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think the costs of bringing stuff here do not help at all, and where would you rather race if you are a vastly wealthy amateur, an airfield in Northants or Paul Ricard, Spa, Mugello?

Sorry no real shock
Old 27 May 2024, 09:52 (Ref:4210683)   #40
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If anyone interested, here's my trackside vid of the action from Saturday, it was realy noticeable that the grids were down, will definitely be waiting till entries released before going to Donington meeting:

https://youtu.be/3o8v9_FtoI0
Old 27 May 2024, 15:15 (Ref:4210715)   #41
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Autosport has a comment article on this very subject this week
May always seems to be the worst month for it. I know there are only so many weekends in a year (especially in the months when the weather might be less awful!) and I know that you can't expect every Championship to factor every other series when picking dates, but it is frustrating to have three or four weekends with nothing on, then three or four events all coming together. Especially when those clashes are regional/national series events in the same part of the country.
Old 3 Jun 2024, 19:13 (Ref:4211684)   #42
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
and where would you rather race if you are a vastly wealthy amateur, an airfield in Northants or Paul Ricard, Spa, Mugello
Paul Ricard, Spa and Mugello are on the Masters Endurance Legends as well as Endurance Racing Legends calendars.

Recently spoke to someone who prefers Peter Auto series because it's a shorter calendar, better overall package and customer(s) can compete against a lot of cars from the same era, instead of racing against a handful of 2018 GT3 and LMP3 cars or even the occasional Porsche Cup or Renault RS01.