Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 15 Jul 2001, 23:52 (Ref:117462)   #1
EllisD696
Rookie

EllisD696 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NBC a little better at the Tropicana 400

I have to give a thumbs up to NBC on their coverage of the Tropicana 400 from Chicago. I was one that heavily trashed the way the coverage was done for the Pepsi 400 last weekend. Today they were on their game a little better. Excellent camera angles to say the least. Alot better pit coverage with good time comparison and a nice comparison to FOX Trax. Sound quality was alot better this broadcast as well. Only real drawback I saw this weekend were the announcers. Benny Parsons is superb and always will be, Jack was doing pretty good in the pits as well, but everyone else has got to go. If NBC contiues the contract with NASCAR for coverage next year I think it would be a very good idea for them to pull in some recently retired drivers to accentuate their broadcast team. Does anyone know if their announcers are tied into contract or if they could be replaced in the season?? Once again I must say that NBC is starting to show some style with the broadcast. Keep up the good work!
Old 16 Jul 2001, 01:10 (Ref:117481)   #2
FordPrefect
Rookie

FordPrefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps I am showing my age but I really couldn't stand the cartoon like numbers that they placed above the cars. It might make sense if there is a large pack but they were doing it when there were only two cars in the picture.

The production was better this week, I am hoping that the announcing will pick up as they get a bit more experience.

Last edited by FordPrefect; 16 Jul 2001 at 01:11.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 05:32 (Ref:117562)   #3
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The coverage was a little better but still too many commercials. I must say that I really liked that virtual car that Benny Parsons used to explain how Skinner's car caught on fire.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 00:11 (Ref:118019)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
tropicana 400 was the first race i have seen nbc do, my thoughts were that they were ****, i guess i was just liking darryl waltrip and the boys on fox
Old 17 Jul 2001, 00:20 (Ref:118022)   #5
Rocktire
Rookie

Rocktire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought NBC was better this race but they still need lots of work. There is no chemistry between the announcers. After Skinners wreck they didn't show his car for what seemed like an eternity. The animation showing where the fuel pump is positioned under the hood was excellent. Hope they show more improvement in the coming weeks.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 06:38 (Ref:118135)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome aboard Rocktire!

I guess we should be patient and give NBC some time. I think the chemistry between Parsons, Bestwick and Dallenbach will take some time.

P.S. Does anyone know if Wally in the both for good? Or is he still racing somewhere.
Old 18 Jul 2001, 02:42 (Ref:118618)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
gomick- my thoughts exactly... NBC just seemed a little dull, and I think they had old Amstrad out and cranking on those numbers Prefect mentioned- Fox did a much better job on them..
Old 19 Jul 2001, 16:55 (Ref:119262)   #8
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NBC

NBC
Nothing
But
Commercials

I was at the race & when I came home & watched the tape, I was shocked- There was a lot racing going on that they did not show. Lots of fun stuff in the back of the pack that just wasn't covered.