Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 May 2008, 04:35 (Ref:2215704)   #1
skid mark
Rookie

Qatar
Rutland
skid mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cirtek Racing???

I was recently looking at an article about Tim Sugden, which mentioned his last Le Mans entry was in a Russian Age Ferrari 550. I believe this was run by Cirtek based at Mallory Park. They were a team who seemed to quickly rise to prominence, and now seem to have disappeared off the radar. Does any ne know what happened to them?
Old 31 May 2008, 06:20 (Ref:2215721)   #2
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skid mark
I was recently looking at an article about Tim Sugden, which mentioned his last Le Mans entry was in a Russian Age Ferrari 550. I believe this was run by Cirtek based at Mallory Park. They were a team who seemed to quickly rise to prominence, and now seem to have disappeared off the radar. Does any ne know what happened to them?
I know they moved from Mallory back in 2005- they moved to the former Vic Lee Racing premises in Coventry shortly after Lee's drug bust- the deal to take over the lease of the VLR site apparently involved negotiations with Customs and Excise....The Mallory workshop was taken over by Graham Nash, but I'm not sure if either team is currently active- I haven't heard anything of either of them in a couple of years
http://archive.dailysportscar.com/su.../lemans590.htm

Rob Schirle is currently Team Manager for the Strakka Aston that's racing at Le Mans under the Vitaphone colours- I think that's based at Silverstone
Old 31 May 2008, 06:52 (Ref:2215730)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last I remember hearing of Graham Nash was in January. Racing for Thailand Radical link

L.P.
Old 31 May 2008, 07:06 (Ref:2215736)   #4
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Cirtek morphed into (kinda) Team Modena.

Quote:
British run Team Modena announce entry
31/03/2006

A new British squad will be cutting their teeth in the Le Mans Endurance Series this season after the newly-formed Team Modena announced that they will run an Aston Martin DBR9 in the GT1 class when the championship gets underway at Istanbul in April.
Previously run by Cirtek Motorsport in the FIA GT Championship, taking two pole positions and a race win in the process, Team Modena is being headed by long-term sports racing enthusiast and Buckinghamshire-based businessman Graham Schultz and owner of the DBR9/101 Rik Bryan.
Although no drivers have been formally announced, Spanish World Touring Car refugee Antonio Garcia and British GT Champion Nathan Kinch are expected to take to the wheel for the five-round championship.
As well as reputed drivers, the team have even managed to lure esteemed designer Sergio Rinland, who has experience in Formula One with Sauber, while respected GT runners Cirtek have also offered to provide support for the fledgling outfit.
"We have created Team Modena with the intention of running a pair of highly-competitive customer chassis in the GT1 class to begin with and have high ambitions for the future," Schultz said.
"We have assembled an extremely talented management team and have great hopes for next month's LMES opener in Istanbul following the speed shown by our car in testing at Paul Ricard. I am pleased that Cirtek will continue to operate this car under the umbrella of Team Modena – its race-winning pedigree is well established."
Bryan meanwhile is convinced that the cars will be just as successful under the Team Modena banner as they were as Cirtek vehicles.
"Cirtek Motorsport has helped to bring us great success since last summer and that relationship will continue under the Team Modena banner. The advantage of this new structure is that we will be bringing key commercial and engineering management into the project, enabling us to develop our future plans in GT1 and other classes."

L.P.
Old 31 May 2008, 10:11 (Ref:2215820)   #5
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah indeed Cirtek = Modena. In 2006 they still ran the 550 in Le Mans under Russian Age Racing.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 02:16 (Ref:2216237)   #6
alwayswatching
Rookie

alwayswatching should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw Rob at the St Pete ALMS race.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 06:06 (Ref:2216269)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...I thought Cirtek and Modena parted ways during 2006? Namely towards the end of the year, with Modena keeping the Aston. I could easily be wrong, though.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2216431)   #8
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
...I thought Cirtek and Modena parted ways during 2006? Namely towards the end of the year, with Modena keeping the Aston. I could easily be wrong, though.
Yep you are correct - http://feedmesportscars.com/node/997

Happened not long before Donington and Vann left the team as a result...
Old 1 Jun 2008, 10:21 (Ref:2216461)   #9
skid mark
Rookie

Qatar
Rutland
skid mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you

Thanks to you all for your feed back. I sometimes find the behind the scenes stuff of motorsport as interesting as the on track business.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2218981)   #10
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rob ran with Dave Warnock is the Lister Storm for a few years in British GT and the Porsche of John Cleland, Cirtek have been arround for many years running GT's etc for many people. Rob was running various teams in Russia and yes appears to have disappeared!
Old 6 Jun 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2221430)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thanks to you all for your feed back. I sometimes find the behind the scenes stuff of motorsport as interesting as the on track business.
certainly is ..... I happen to "know" a couple of stories but , i may also be liable !!!

Be nice to see them all writen down one day , but I reckon I wont be around when the ..... like politics I reckon .