Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jan 2003, 07:56 (Ref:462527)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Only 2 seats left - Who's getting them?

Who will fill the 2nd seats at Jordan & Minardi?
Old 3 Jan 2003, 08:04 (Ref:462533)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The man/woman with the most money who can obtain an F1 super licence I'm afraid
Old 3 Jan 2003, 09:04 (Ref:462551)   #3
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of them has to be verstappen
Old 3 Jan 2003, 09:12 (Ref:462555)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I agree. If Jos does'nt get the Jordan drive (and I hope he does'nt) then he'll most likely go to Minardi, if they still want him.

Whats DelaRosa and Bernoldi up to? Is Irvine still in the frame. Will Massa get a leftover seat?

Are their any dark horses?
Old 3 Jan 2003, 09:17 (Ref:462560)   #5
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think PS is still looking for another pay driver as the amount that JW brought in wasn't good enough if their main sponsors were to pull out and concentrate on CART.

I certainly won't be suprised if that Russian guy gets the seat.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 09:44 (Ref:462567)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
As I said above, both teams need the sponsorship money and so whoever brings the most cash will get the drive. Lets not kid ourselves that it will be any other way.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 10:15 (Ref:462584)   #7
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Some useless hack renta driver who will dwell at the back of the grid till their money runs out.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 10:26 (Ref:462590)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
So you think it will be Verstappen to then
Old 3 Jan 2003, 10:29 (Ref:462592)   #9
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa is backed by Ford Brazil so don't be suprised he will land on a Minardi/Jordan seat.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 10:31 (Ref:462594)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I think the likes of Verstappen and Irvine have 'had their day' as it were and it would be nice to see some fresh faces on the grid as we have done with the likes of Button, Massa and Webber over the past few years.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 10:33 (Ref:462597)   #11
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think stoddy will touch Massa, so that's a fair bet. Irvine won't go to Minardi though I think it'd be good for Minardi if he did because last year Irvine seemed to avoid most calamities and they need an experianced but quick head in the seat to get them forward.

But I would be least surprised by a Verstappen - Massa, and after that Verstappen - Irvine. Minardi - Jordan in both cases.

It should be an interesting fight between Jordan and Minardi, both are on customer Cossies.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 10:40 (Ref:462599)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by golem
It should be an interesting fight between Jordan and Minardi, both are on customer Cossies.
.... and a disaster for Jordan if they are mixing it with Minardi, cossies or not.

I would love to see Minardi of the back row, but I don't see it happening.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 10:49 (Ref:462605)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Well it could provide some interesting battles further down the field for once.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 11:59 (Ref:462660)   #14
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you can stencil Jos in for either seat, as he appears confident of landing a seat somewhere for 2003. Considering he comes with sponsors AND experience, I don't he'll be such a bad choice really.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 12:10 (Ref:462664)   #15
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Irvine and Albers

Probably Massa and Verstappen
Old 3 Jan 2003, 12:21 (Ref:462674)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure why you'd want Albers in F1, the guy's useless, he was miles off Webber in F3000. I'm not sure if we need Irvine or Verstappen back, but I doubt Minardi will have 2 rookies unless finances necessitate it, but even then Bernoldi and De La Rosa both have backing.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 13:25 (Ref:462728)   #17
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Albers has signed a contract with Minardi ... but he wil drive only if he gets the money wich they agreed .....

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jan 2003, 16:51 (Ref:462869)   #18
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, 2 seats available. Lets look at their potential fillers.

Felipe Massa
Pedro Delarosa
Christijan Albers
Jos Verstappen
Eddie Irvine
Enrique Bernoldi
and outside bet: Anthony Davidson

So, why should a driver (Verstappen) who hasn't as much as touched a racingcar since october 2001 and scored a mere 17 whole points during the duration of a career which hardly deserves that qualification be on top of that list? Why would sponsors be queuing up to finance that kinda thing? The guy who has been in the news twice for beating up kartingcompetitors? Sponsors who weren't too willing to pay to begin with.

The problem is, he wants it bad enough, so he'll probably do it again (and Formula 1 has lost it sense some time ago).
Old 3 Jan 2003, 17:41 (Ref:462899)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Daisy
Massa is backed by Ford Brazil so don't be suprised he will land on a Minardi/Jordan seat.
I thought he was linked to Ferrari and/or FIAT... :confused:
Old 3 Jan 2003, 20:33 (Ref:463032)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
according to www.f1-live.com

the Australian press are linking Massa to the Minardi seat, wonder how true that rumour is?
Old 3 Jan 2003, 21:16 (Ref:463071)   #21
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos is still negotiating with Jordan and if that deal does'nt go through Paul Stoddart is saving a seat for him.

Massa is another strong canidate for both seats and Albers is a canidate for the Minardi seat(although I haven't got a clue why)
Old 3 Jan 2003, 22:21 (Ref:463097)   #22
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most liely Jos will get that Minardi seat but who can say for sure. Supposedly EJ wanted $10-15 million (US) and nobody has that kind of money except Irvine but the seat hasnt been announced.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 23:51 (Ref:463208)   #23
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to www.f1i.com:

Verstappen Offered '03 Jordan Seat? January 3 20:27
It is believed that Jos Verstappen, the talented Dutch racing driver, has been offered the spare Jordan '03 racing seat.

The 30-year-old from Montford had been strongly linked with a return to premier motorsports with Paul Stoddart's Minardi team, after snaring the support from Holland Media Group.

But when negotiations turned in his young countryman, 23-year-old Christijan Albers' favour, Verstappen and manager Huub Rothengatter took their business to Eddie Jordan who has reportedly offered him some kind of ride.

'We are in contact with all teams where we think they can offer me a chance,' the Dutch racer intimated recently. 'The general public might think that we are only talking with Minardi but that is not true.

'We are speaking with other teams as well. That is all I can say, it is very sensitive.

'We know what we are doing and I will tell you again, although nothing is sure in Formula One, it looks good and I am very positive that I will return.'

Sources hint that Verstappen, whose HMG backing adds up at nearly $6 million, is just a few hundred thousand dollars short of the target set by the eponymous Silverstone team chief.

21-year-old Felipe Massa, the ousted Sauber rookie of 2002, will take $4.5 million in Ford of Brazil cash to a Grand Prix outfit if he snares a drive for the new racing season.

Our sources are tipping a trip to Faenza for the young Paulista as his F1 chances appear to turn from Jordan to Minardi.

Ralph Firman and Richard Lyons, although earmarked as knocking on the Jordan factory door for the spare drive, are not now believed to be serious candidates to complete the '03 F1 grid.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 23:54 (Ref:463211)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
according to www.f1i.com:

Verstappen Offered '03 Jordan Seat? January 3 20:27
It is believed that Jos Verstappen, the talented Dutch racing driver, has been offered the spare Jordan '03 racing seat.

Any report that has Jos Verstappen and talented in the same sentance must be a wind up!
Old 4 Jan 2003, 01:04 (Ref:463275)   #25
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant imagine why anyone would want to drive for Eddie Jordan but oh well...best of luck to all these guys.