Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who will win the championships?
Alonso to win WDC and Renault to win WCC 2 4.76%
Alonso to win WDC and Ferrari to win WCC 6 14.29%
M. Schumacher to win WDC and Ferrari to Win WCC 31 73.81%
M. Schumacher to win WDC but Renault to Win WCC 3 7.14%
Other! 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Aug 2006, 01:44 (Ref:1673671)   #1
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats going to happen in the championships now?

I thought i might start this: So, what does everybody think is going to happen now in the championships? Is Alonso losing it under the pressure to much? Or can Renault fight back? Is Massa a good enough team mate? Have Ferrari really got what it takes?

*Mods*
I am sorry but i can't seem to be able to post a poll, the box saying "Post a poll" does'nt appear to be there at the bottom. The system may have changed because i have'nt posted a poll in ages. So, can one of you lovely mods put a poll up with these selections?
M. Schumacher to win WDC and Ferrari to Win WCC.
M.Schumacher to win WDC but Renault to Win WCC.
Alonso to win WDC and Renault to win WCC
Alonso to win WDC and Ferrari to win WCC

*Rockers*
Added. See here http://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?f...b_poll_explain

Last edited by Adam43; 5 Aug 2006 at 08:28.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 02:45 (Ref:1673679)   #2
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1
I thought i might start this: So, what does everybody think is going to happen now in the championships? Is Alonso losing it under the pressure to much? Or can Renault fight back? Is Massa a good enough team mate? Have Ferrari really got what it takes?
Ferrari due to Alonso's stupidity twice in one day has now been practicly been given the championships handed to them on a silver plater (driver and manu). Its gonna be tight but Ferrari, MSC and Massa should just really need to play it safe and go for just the finish on Sunday and maybe the rest of the year depending on "Damper Gate". But I also do believe that the pressure is getting to Alonso.

Last edited by Adam43; 5 Aug 2006 at 08:27. Reason: I assumed you didn't want to talk about Admin at 10-10ths so I removed the irrelevant part of the quote!
Old 5 Aug 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1673785)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here are a few links to relevant threads to this discussion.
We already have a current damper discussion and a current and a current Alonso Hungarian penalty discussion.

In addition though we have a superb form guide by Schummy. I considered merging this thread with that, but we'll leave that one for Schummy to update and reference to it.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1674210)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Michael's penalty makes a Ferrari victory look less certain, but on recent form they are strong favourites.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 16:19 (Ref:1674212)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At the very least I think Ferrari will take the constructors championship. With consummate ease.

And Michael should really take the title now as well.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 16:22 (Ref:1674214)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I too think that it is now just a matter of time until Michael Schumacher and Ferrari wrap up both the teams and drivers championships. Unless of course they suddenly have big relaibilty issues. It is going to be good to watch Schumacher close down Alonso's point lead and eventually outscore him. IMO.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 16:36 (Ref:1674217)   #7
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Renault clearly do not have the pace anymore to challenge ferarri. I think they were hoping to be more competitive this weekend but it has not proved to be so. A penalty for both Alonso and Schumacher adds a little spice to the proceedings. Interesting to see if Kimi's pole is a low fuel special or real pace that they can translate into the race. I imagine that without dramas Michael will be able to get on the podium. Massa to give the lead to Schumacher in the dying stages if he gets ahead at the start??. That would be some strategy.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1674351)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Id say MS and Ferrari should be favorites now..... MS's penalty has dampened it a bit but i still think he can get a strong result and kick on from there
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1675632)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well.... I think MS may have blown it today.... a chance to get within single digits... and he made a couple of bad choices...11 points in 5 races.... it'll still be tight though but i expect Renault to up their game by the Turkish GP
Old 6 Aug 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1675832)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With Kubica DSQ it is 10 points in five races. Two per race. Michael just has to win them all!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1675849)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
If it rains at any of the remaining races Ferrari could be in trouble.I expect it not to rain in Turkey.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1675871)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It rained on the Sunday morning at Turkey last season, so there is hope!

The Kubica disqualification is a big break for what was a pretty odd weekend for Michael....he was unbelievable in qualifying, but the rest of the weekend was a melee of clumsiness.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1675878)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
It rained on the Sunday morning at Turkey last season, so there is hope!
I'm staying with the reverse psychology.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1675893)   #14
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alas, I feel that it's not just slipping, but slipped away from Fernanado now, even with the good performance today pre-mechanical problems. Ferrari are in the ascendance at just the right time.

But hey, I won't complain if Honda spoil the party a couple of times more this season!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1675979)   #15
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think under normal circumstances ferrari and michael are faster, and renault/ alonso could be beaten by massa and mcl on ocassion. so if there are not several more rain races, both titles should go to the reds.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1675980)   #16
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think a lot depends on the decision about the use of dampers. If there ae not given the go ahead (which i think is most probably, knowing FiA), then MS and Ferrari will get both championships, with this season being the last for Michael. If dampers are back, I think that Alonso & Ferrari get the 2006 honours.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1675992)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I don't quite see how Michael can win the championship at this point though.He would have to win all remaining races.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1676043)   #18
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
I don't quite see how Michael can win the championship at this point though.He would have to win all remaining races.
That assumes a lot from FA and Renault!
Old 7 Aug 2006, 05:37 (Ref:1676225)   #19
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are some tracks coming that have previously had ordinary performances for Ferarri, and I think Mc are on the way up, which will be a bit of a spoiler
Alonso WDC
Ferarri WCC, because Massa has the team in mind while GCF is more of a solo man
Old 7 Aug 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1676358)   #20
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Alonso will hold out to win the WDC, just, and Renault will take WCC as Massa will keep making mistakes and binning it.
Old 7 Aug 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1676769)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Massa has been very good recently. OK, yesterday was bad, but he still scored more points than the team leader in the end!

I still think Ferrari will take both titles.