Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 18 Oct 2007, 11:53 (Ref:2043481)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No BSB round for Mondello in 2008

http://www.parcferme.com/content/view/3935/2/

Thoughts, comments? A big loss or does nobody really care.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 13:18 (Ref:2043573)   #2
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Seems a sensible decision if you read that story. Personally I didn't really like the track.

At the same time, there goes my dream of having a BSB round at Assen
Old 18 Oct 2007, 14:57 (Ref:2043666)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bummer. Seems like the reasoning is sound though. I don't see that the track can afford to lose money on the deal. Too bad another sponsor can't be found to fund the travel money. Although I'm surprised about the travel money part to be honest. AMA teams cover a much larger distance and don't receive travel money AFAIK.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 03:37 (Ref:2044156)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The brits didn't have a proper proffesional championship until the 90s. That and the IOM TT is still amateur hour stuff as far as promotion goes.

Sad, is there any other Irish tracks that can pick up the slack? Or if you can't get money for Mondello you can't get money for anywhere?
Old 19 Oct 2007, 06:08 (Ref:2044216)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Sad, is there any other Irish tracks that can pick up the slack? Or if you can't get money for Mondello you can't get money for anywhere?
Mondello is the only permanent circuit in the Republic. In Northern Ireland there's Kirkistown but I'm sure it wouldn't meet BSB's requirements. As for funding, Irish motorsport is geared towards two things, rallying and bike road-racing, anything on a circuit is pretty much left to fend for itself.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 08:12 (Ref:2044318)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I cant see why they cant stop racing at Croft aswell, coz many of the riders really dont like racing there!!
But I guess if the round is making money it will continue, I dont have a problem with the place however.

One that pains me is Mallory, the track is so awful now they have bludgeoned their way into making it safe.

If you look at safety aswell, Cadwell should never have a round and Snetterton is a bit dodgy in places too!!

Sad about MOndello though, I think the riders quite liked the challenge, very tricky to set up for and also a ice trip away.

Maybe we should try and get a round abroad somewhere> Le Mans? Zolder? Somewhere close ish to UK
Old 19 Oct 2007, 09:16 (Ref:2044355)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Maybe we should try and get a round abroad somewhere> Le Mans? Zolder? Somewhere close ish to UK
Well if the teams want €130K from the circuit to pay their travel costs then perhaps some other country will pay out. If the teams don't need subsidised travel to go to other continental circuits then my question has to be... why does Ireland have to pay up?
Old 19 Oct 2007, 11:48 (Ref:2044452)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good pointm, have to admit I didnt read the release so can see why people are up in arms about it.

Seems that as championshipos get bigger the teams have mroe and more pwoer to apply THEIR rules.

IS such a shame as I think BSB was getting a following in Ireland, there are some riders who the Irish could follow, the Lavertys guys, Hutchison is a road man who rides in BSB etc, and this year Rea must ahve added a few to the crowd.

Damn shame, despite my misgivings about the actualt state of the track. THink we could easily lose one of our rounds in its place!