Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

View Poll Results: Bobby Rahal has signed Buddy Rice next season for his CART team and he has 3 choices
Getting rid of Kenny Brack 0 0%
Getting rid of Max Papis 8 80.00%
Having all 3 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 May 2001, 18:55 (Ref:97944)   #1
Greg Murray
Rookie

Greg Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bobby Rahal

Who is Bobby Rahal Getting rid of because next season he has signed a new driver Buddy Rice.I think he should move one of the drivers to the F1 setup.
Old 28 May 2001, 19:18 (Ref:97954)   #2
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If then MAX!

Max hasn't shown good racing in past years and I quess if somebody goes it will be he! It would be nice to see that Max won't leave and he will get a new drive - 3 car teams aren't in my opionion the best choice, altought TKG is my favororite team out there!
Old 28 May 2001, 20:21 (Ref:97992)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmmm... Kenny winning the CART title this year and then joining Jaguar in F1 perhaps?
Old 30 May 2001, 07:13 (Ref:98667)   #4
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love Max . . . but if he can't perform, looks like he's the odd man out.
Old 30 May 2001, 11:16 (Ref:98755)   #5
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
Hmmmmm... Kenny winning the CART title this year and then joining Jaguar in F1 perhaps?
I like the sound of that. Mr.Rahal are you listening. At the least give the man a test!
If not, I believe Rahal has the resources to run a 3 car team. Could this be the grooming of an american for F1?
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 30 May 2001, 15:15 (Ref:98891)   #6
Laagri
Racer

Laagri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know contracts don't count for much these days but Jaguar already has Eddie Irvine and Pedro de la Rosa under contract for 2002.
Has Kenny actually expressed any interest in going to F1? I think he'd be better off staying in CART. He knows his driving style suits the cars and he's in a competitive team. Besides, F1 is becoming a young man's sport and he'd be almost the oldest driver straight away.

Seriously though, what's happened to Max? Doesn't he like the Lola?
Old 30 May 2001, 15:55 (Ref:98900)   #7
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
Could this be the grooming of an american for F1?
Surely you don't mean Kenny? How on earth could 'america' claim him - he's only been here a few years.

Kenny seems to be in great form this year, and it would be good to see him get a test at Jag. However he would seriously need to consider if that would be a good career move for him. He's on a good thing now so ,like Laagri says, he may be better off sticking with CART.

PS - Welcome aboard Laagri! And well done domaza - always happy to see referrals!

Last edited by Emfa; 30 May 2001 at 15:57.
Old 30 May 2001, 17:14 (Ref:98930)   #8
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a look at Kenny's bio. Do people realize that he is already 35?

I don't see him going to F1. He will stay in CART. Maybe some LeMans type work in his future but nobody in F1 is going to look at a 35 year old when there are so many young drivers that might be the next big thing.
Old 30 May 2001, 17:44 (Ref:98946)   #9
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is 35, but he looks like (and also drives like) 25. I wish him all the best and also - best driver from Northern Europe is Brack, forget about Hakkinen and Salo.
Old 30 May 2001, 20:50 (Ref:99023)   #10
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Emfa

Surely you don't mean Kenny? How on earth could 'america' claim him - he's only been here a few years.
My mistake, I was refering to Buddy Rice. Personally it's no skin off of my teeth if an american never makes it to F1, but it would be good for exposure in the world's biggest marketing machine.
I never realized Brack was 35, to bad really. Seems such a waste that he had to spend those years in the IRL.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 30 May 2001, 20:57 (Ref:99029)   #11
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Quote:
Originally posted by domaza
- best driver from Northern Europe is Brack, forget about Hakkinen and Salo.
Actually the best driver from Northern Europe is Tommi Makkinen, but that's a debate for another forum and another post.
Old 30 May 2001, 23:16 (Ref:99085)   #12
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually Rahal has not signed Rice to a contract, only an agreement for first option on his services in 2002. Rahal has stated that the plan is to acquire sponsorship to run a third car for Buddy. If that doesn't happen, Buddy could become a free agent again. However, I feel that it is within the realm of possibility that Papis will get the sack if he doesn't begin to perform. Brack to F1? Not likely...