Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 24 Aug 2009, 00:14 (Ref:2526994)   #1
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica Patrick Staying With AGR

I will go ahead and put my reputation out there and say its a done deal. Danica Patrick will resign with Andretti Green Racing at least through next year. The deal is done but the paperwork hasnt been finalized.

Boost Mobile will be her primary sponsor again.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 02:03 (Ref:2527017)   #2
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you should put a little more on the line...maybe one of your life-size cardboard pics. Without any cutouts, please.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 02:04 (Ref:2527018)   #3
instant classic
Rookie

France
France
instant classic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
go for it DanicaFan!
i always put my reputation on the line and 9 times out of 10 im right

i hope shes stays in indycar and doesnt leave for nascar, nascar only wants her for big money she brings in not for her driving skills
Old 24 Aug 2009, 02:13 (Ref:2527024)   #4
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a cardboard stand of Danica.

Back on topic, I'm surprised she didn't go to Ganassi. I think this is definitive proof that she's Indy till she retires.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2527097)   #5
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
I think you should put a little more on the line...maybe one of your life-size cardboard pics. Without any cutouts, please.
Good one Jag. I have every single life-size and mini stand-ups she has made.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2527545)   #6
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
I've got a cardboard stand of Danica.

Back on topic, I'm surprised she didn't go to Ganassi. I think this is definitive proof that she's Indy till she retires.
Or until the Indianapolis 500 is a NASCAR-sanctioned race. *winces awaiting berating*

Chris
Old 25 Aug 2009, 03:26 (Ref:2527643)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
Good one Jag. I have every single life-size and mini stand-ups she has made.

Now that is bizarre. Is it like a mcdonalds happy meal toy where you collect everyone of them or ???
Old 25 Aug 2009, 03:42 (Ref:2527649)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan
I will go ahead and put my reputation out there and say its a done deal. Danica Patrick will resign with Andretti Green Racing at least through next year. The deal is done but the paperwork hasnt been finalized.

Boost Mobile will be her primary sponsor again.
I wouldn't have been overly eager to agree with you prior to the AGR re-arranging, but I suspect that aspect may have pushed things into favour for her resigning with them.

I suppose I better put something comparably significant on-the-line, but I am not sure I have anything to match your reputation. You'll have to give me sometime to think on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan
I have every single life-size and mini stand-ups she has made.
I am never sure whether you to admire your dedication, or be scared for Danica! (I could go for both, I guess, ).
Old 25 Aug 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2528069)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Indy Star ran this on the front page of their sports section today:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...xon+deals+near

From the quotes gathered from each driver, it sounds like neither will be going anywhere, but the Danica comment about "the devil that you do know is better than the devil that you don't" seemed rather negative about both options, IMO.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 02:53 (Ref:2530208)   #10
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The following is rumor-based speculation, so don't take it for too much.

Danica is still staying quiet about her contract situation, telling the Chicagoland media "there are still three races left." It makes me wonder if there's more to this deal than mentioned. Perhaps she'll also be running part-time in NASCAR Nationwide with a team such as...oh, Michael Waltrip Racing (he was in the pits, but that's just a guess, it could be any big team really and MWR doesn't have much room in Nwide), before making the jump full-time in 2011. Just thinking out loud, though.
Old 8 Sep 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2536571)   #11
Road America Fan
Rookie

United States
Road America Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
The following is rumor-based speculation, so don't take it for too much.

Danica is still staying quiet about her contract situation, telling the Chicagoland media "there are still three races left." It makes me wonder if there's more to this deal than mentioned. Perhaps she'll also be running part-time in NASCAR Nationwide with a team such as...oh, Michael Waltrip Racing (he was in the pits, but that's just a guess, it could be any big team really and MWR doesn't have much room in Nwide), before making the jump full-time in 2011. Just thinking out loud, though.
Looks like you were right. She's most likely competing in the Nascar Nationwide series for Tony Stewart next year. The news article was up on indycar.com yesterday but for some reason it is no longer there.

Unfortunately she will also remain in Indycar full time next season.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2537024)   #12
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How many of these races will run on the same weekend?

Would Nationwide be part-time?
Old 9 Sep 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2537098)   #13
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica really SHOULD be racing something else during her off weekends like other drivers do instead of baking cookies and cupcakes for her team. This could potentially make her a better driver and able to maybe *gasp* set up her own car!
Old 10 Sep 2009, 17:56 (Ref:2537943)   #14
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdawg727 View Post
Danica really SHOULD be racing something else during her off weekends like other drivers do instead of baking cookies and cupcakes for her team. This could potentially make her a better driver and able to maybe *gasp* set up her own car!
Yeah right. Go bad mouth her on the other forums, that still seems the thing to do on some, not here please.

She already is a good driver, this will only improve her skills.

Last edited by DanicaFan; 10 Sep 2009 at 18:23.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2538116)   #15
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I agree she is a reasonably competent driver.
Trouble is she is not a good racer.
There is quite a difference.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 02:17 (Ref:2538129)   #16
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She is 11 & 18 points respectively ahead of her team-mates with 2 rounds to race, i hope she finishes in P5 at seasons end...
Old 11 Sep 2009, 05:33 (Ref:2538194)   #17
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
Yeah right. Go bad mouth her on the other forums, that still seems the thing to do on some, not here please.

She already is a good driver, this will only improve her skills.
I said nothing bad in my statement at all, DF. Get real.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2538648)   #18
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin View Post
I agree she is a reasonably competent driver.
Trouble is she is not a good racer.
There is quite a difference.
The IRL has got a lot of reasonably competent drivers in it, Danica included. What it needs is a few more excellent ones.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2538662)   #19
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't see how driving a 3,400 lb. front-engined Tin Cab or Pick-Up with a manual stick shift that slides up and around the track (usually with a fairly loose rear end) will make her a better race driver in other disciplines, whether it would be open wheel, sportscar endurance racing or whatever.

This is about the potential money and a test to figure out whether or not she can handle it....

IMO, if Dario Franchitti and Jacques Villeneuve couldn't cut it, and Sam Hornish still struggles, even though he is with one of the most professional organizations in motorsports, then Danica is not going to make the grade, either, because she is not as good at her craft as any of those three...Period.

I think testing the waters is fine, but a full leap into NASCAR would be a serious career-changing mistake for Danica to make.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 16 Sep 2009, 02:49 (Ref:2541651)   #20
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
I don't see how driving a 3,400 lb. front-engined Tin Cab or Pick-Up with a manual stick shift that slides up and around the track (usually with a fairly loose rear end) will make her a better race driver in other disciplines, whether it would be open wheel, sportscar endurance racing or whatever.

This is about the potential money and a test to figure out whether or not she can handle it....

IMO, if Dario Franchitti and Jacques Villeneuve couldn't cut it, and Sam Hornish still struggles, even though he is with one of the most professional organizations in motorsports, then Danica is not going to make the grade, either, because she is not as good at her craft as any of those three...Period.

I think testing the waters is fine, but a full leap into NASCAR would be a serious career-changing mistake for Danica to make.
I have watched this debate since the thread was posted and Mr Northcutt has expressed what I consider to be the most realistic and objective view of any decision Danica Patrick makes to move from the IRL to NASCAR....

I can only wholeheartedly agree.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 14:38 (Ref:2548019)   #21
mz2k
Racer

United States
mz2k has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
Exactly. What the Danica fanboys can't fathom is that the attention she gets is disproportionate to her professional accomplishment.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2548226)   #22
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who cares? I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing and reading about this stupid little bimbo. If she wasn't a girlie, I doubt she'd even be worthy of a drive in SCCA Regional Formula Ford.

As it is, her weight gives her an in-built advantage in the Nowheresville formula in which she currently participates. I've heard all the nonsense about her being 'feisty', but it's time she got was she says she wants, and was treated exactly like an equal. So the next time she has something smart to say to a fellow competitor, he should feel free to bust her on the snout, exactly as he would do if she was a bloke. I'd like to have seen her run off at the mouth at Cale Yarborough- he was about her size, but took on both the Allison brothers.

She should go into NASCAR as a team mate to Dale Earnhardt Jr., as he is all about exactly the same sort of marketing-driven bulldirt.

Sadly, in these times an ounce of image is worth a pound of performance.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2548334)   #23
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
In her defence, she has been doing a genuinely decent job this season.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2548478)   #24
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am not her bigest fan but actually she did pretty well in Formula Ford over here in England, i think she came second in the Formula Ford festival, which is a pretty big event.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2548512)   #25
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only cause everyone in front crashed...she never managed to actually win a race.