Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 19 Dec 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1794541)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
R.I.P Will Hoy- 4 years on

Four years ago today, Will Hoy passed away as a result of a brain tumour. I can remember watching the BTCC on TV and watching Will driving beautifly, even if it didn't amount to win as much as he'd liked. A great driver, a nice guy, he is sorely missed.

R.I.P Will, 1953-2002.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 19 Dec 2006, 12:20 (Ref:1794600)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, another one of the good guys, and taken too early.

RIP Will
Old 19 Dec 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1794608)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't believe it's been 4 years already. You will never be forgotten Will. RIP
Old 19 Dec 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1794773)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember the day well as its right next to my birthday... R.I.P
Old 19 Dec 2006, 18:50 (Ref:1794994)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a great shock to me at the time, as I knew nothing of his illness. Will was one of my favourites in BTCC and his Silverstone win in the wet in early 1998 was a sweet moment indeed.

The racing scene misses him a great deal.

RIP Will.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1795133)   #6
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
A great driver, a nice guy, he is sorely missed.

R.I.P Will, 1953-2002.
Ditto.
Old 24 Dec 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1798759)   #7
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will was one of the nicest guys around the BTCC paddock in how he treated his fans. I remember him getting out of his chair at one of those autograph sessions to lift a little kid into the garage and sit him into his car. It was the thrill of a lifetime for the youngster. No matter how far up the professional ladder Will made it, he was always a clubman at heart. A very sad loss.
Old 24 Dec 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1798767)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will was probably one of the most out going BTCC drivers of them all,the best always leave first. Lets not forget his family,especially Carolyn his wife,probably a little known fact,but Carolyn used to organize days out at Silverstone for Terminaly Ill and Dissabled Children.We have a lot of good memories from those days Carolyn.Thankyou.

Last edited by terence; 24 Dec 2006 at 15:08.
Old 26 Dec 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1799446)   #9
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It was a great shock to me at the time, as I knew nothing of his illness. Will was one of my favourites in BTCC and his Silverstone win in the wet in early 1998 was a sweet moment indeed.

The racing scene misses him a great deal.

RIP Will.
i remember this well also

RIP