Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 Mar 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2148630)   #1
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumor - Robby Gordon to Sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
Just heard something from a person that claims to be "in-the-know" that something "good' is about to happen with Robby Gordon. Evidently it will be something fairly big. We all know though that there frequently are people that claim to be in-the-know.

I am only reporting what the person claimed.
This is the good news that the person said would happen:

There is a rumor that Alex Gillett [George Gillett's son] has purchased Robby Gordon Motorsports and that Robby will stay on as a driver. Has anyone else heard anything more.

Last edited by muggle not; 10 Mar 2008 at 20:06.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 20:38 (Ref:2148656)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This is the good news that the person said would happen:

There is a rumor that Alex Gillett [George Gillett's son] has purchased Robby Gordon Motorsports and that Robby will stay on as a driver. Has anyone else heard anything more.
now he can concentrate on going FAST.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2148675)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
George Gillett's son, eh?

We know about George sadly all too well in the UK.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 22:38 (Ref:2148741)   #4
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The person that told me about it said that it was good news. I guess it depends on how you look at it. I would have preferred to see Robby "at least" as a partner in the team. I was rooting for Robby since he was the only owner / driver in Nascar and was kinda a rebel.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 22:54 (Ref:2148747)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I was rooting for Robby since he was the only owner / driver in Nascar and was kinda a rebel.
most definetly, but with his skills and the years he now has in stockcars, letting go of the owner side will benefit him so much as a driver; maybe not as the person he was hoping to be in the sport. look how many races that Bill Elliott and Ricky Rudd could have won later on in their careers if they weren't worried about paying the bill for wrecking a car.

it does kinda suck to be bought out before you get a win.

i'd love to see more O/D, but it just doesn't make good racin' sense anymore. i guess Mikey W. and Kyle Petty are the only one's left, if you consider Petty Enterprises as Kyle...look what they've been able to do lately.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 10 Mar 2008 at 23:01.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 22:56 (Ref:2148749)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, the lifting off of ownership troubles could be the release Robby needs.

That said he doesn't strike me as the type to worry about trashing his car, owner or not. He's far too insane for that!
Old 10 Mar 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2148750)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
That said he doesn't strike me as the type to worry about trashing his car, owner or not.

can't argue with that!

Quote:
He's far too insane for that!
that's why he fun to watch....in anything!
Old 11 Mar 2008, 00:01 (Ref:2148774)   #8
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Yeah, I am turning into a Robby fan because there just aren't many like him left anymore. Besides, Sparky has threatened me if I don't start cheering for Robby.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 00:07 (Ref:2148780)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Robby is a hell of a driver it must be said. Although I'm not exactly a fan, I don't mind him doing well. I've seen him doing a few different things and he's always a strong competitor.

He does have his "Stewart" moments though and the whingeing after Infineon last year wound me up a bit. But hey, he's a character.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 05:15 (Ref:2148884)   #10
Sparky7
Rookie

United States
Poconos PA
Sparky7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, I am turning into a Robby fan because there just aren't many like him left anymore. Besides, Sparky has threatened me if I don't start cheering for Robby.
I only threatened a little.

I find it hard to believe that Robby would give up control of his own business but stranger things have happened in NASCAR more recently.

~~~Barb~~~
Old 11 Mar 2008, 11:48 (Ref:2149066)   #11
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
It is only a rumor and I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 12:09 (Ref:2149085)   #12
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
The Gilletts might get a bit confused and end up with Harry Kewell in the car. Although Robby Gordon might be more effective than Kewell in Half-Dubai's midfield.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 13:10 (Ref:2149123)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, all he'd have to do is start a match.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 13:28 (Ref:2149141)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
The Gilletts might get a bit confused and end up with Harry Kewell in the car. Although Robby Gordon might be more effective than Kewell in Half-Dubai's midfield.
i think with his production this year, Fernado Torres would do better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Robby is a hell of a driver it must be said. Although I'm not exactly a fan, I don't mind him doing well. I've seen him doing a few different things and he's always a strong competitor.

He does have his "Stewart" moments though and the whingeing after Infineon last year wound me up a bit. But hey, he's a character.
robby, like tony, can tic me off half the time he opens his mouth, but when either one of them are in their cars (any type of car for that matter), you know it will be interesting and they will be fast, given the right stuff.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 13:39 (Ref:2149149)   #15
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be interesting to see, apparantly robbie runs his team 'his way' and no-one but him is, if he can work with Gillett I think he could do pretty well.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 11 Mar 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2149382)   #16
Sparky7
Rookie

United States
Poconos PA
Sparky7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UPDATE: "On Feb. 1, Gillett Evernham Motorsports and Robby Gordon Motorsports announced a technical, manufacturing and marketing agreement. Nothing has changed since that announcement."(GEM PR)(3-11-2008)

The current agreement between RGM and GEM seems to be working fairly well as it is. Maybe Jayski got info on the wrong team.

~~~Barb~~~
Old 12 Mar 2008, 00:50 (Ref:2149644)   #17
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
I hope your quote is correct sparky. We need more mavericks like Robby and I would hate to see him sell all his team.