Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 6 Sep 2001, 09:29 (Ref:142340)   #1
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Herbert gets his first oval race

Big JH will race at the last race of the IRL season, the Chevy 500 for Heritage Motorsport at Texas.

This will be pretty cool, and will give him a chance to show what he can do other than just set times quick enough for pole.

http://www.indyracing.com/press/2001...t-09052001.php
Old 6 Sep 2001, 10:18 (Ref:142357)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, a ride is a ride, even though it's only in the IRL.

Hopefully he can perform well to attract possible CART interest, or he may just find himself in the IRL full-time if he impresses anyone over there.

He may just give all those drivers a racing lesson!
Old 6 Sep 2001, 14:11 (Ref:142480)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
he may just get his butt kicked as well.

IRL is not easy and I think he may struggle but I wish him well and hope he does well..the calibre of cars and drivers is getting better and with him joining the series (Ok for only 1 race) may just lift the stakes that bit more.

good luck Johnny.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 23:11 (Ref:142770)   #4
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The results should be very interesting shouldn't they
Will he kick their butts?
Will his car be competitive enough to do the above?
Will the setup suit his driving style etc etc etc
Will he disappear into the wilderness should his performance be average?
Old 6 Sep 2001, 23:29 (Ref:142793)   #5
snakepit27
Racer

snakepit27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
The results should be very interesting shouldn't they
Will he kick their butts?
Will his car be competitive enough to do the above?
Will the setup suit his driving style etc etc etc
Will he disappear into the wilderness should his performance be average?

i think he'll be midfeild and retire do to a mechanical problem (thats if ofcourse he doesnt get taken out by 1 of those idiot IRL drivers)
Old 7 Sep 2001, 01:02 (Ref:142847)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just hope he does a good race...

No failures, no crash.

Just ending the race is alright. Much more than anyone of us can do !

GOOD LUCK JH !!!!!!!
Old 7 Sep 2001, 02:04 (Ref:142861)   #7
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Johnny can get acclimated in a hurry to oval racing (as Mansell did in 1993)...absolutely no contest. I don't think anyone would be able to hang with him.

I think a debut race win may be a bit much to ask of him. Expect a finish that shows a lot of talent and flash, but in the end something fails.

BTW...if Alesi retires...perhaps he'll join Johnny in CART/IRL...wouldn't that be a treat!
Old 7 Sep 2001, 06:42 (Ref:142924)   #8
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are IRL cars waterproof ?
Old 7 Sep 2001, 09:27 (Ref:142974)   #9
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AlanJones, If your thinking the same thing I am, that would be a suprise for his pit crew, I hope someone tells them first!
Old 7 Sep 2001, 10:53 (Ref:143006)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They can use plastic bags to prevent the leaking
Old 7 Sep 2001, 11:02 (Ref:143010)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a good PR stunt for the Brand X Racing League and will also give him some practice for the Indy 500 bid he's keen to get. I think he'll be taken out by Buddy Lazier in the first lap, so as to prevent another Indy 500 type embarrassment (interlopers from others series coming in on a one-off and thoroughly trouncing the regulars).

But I hope he does well until they manage to take him out.
Old 7 Sep 2001, 15:44 (Ref:143151)   #12
snakepit27
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Victor Broccoli
If Johnny can get acclimated in a hurry to oval racing (as Mansell did in 1993)...absolutely no contest. I don't think anyone would be able to hang with him.

I think a debut race win may be a bit much to ask of him. Expect a finish that shows a lot of talent and flash, but in the end something fails.

BTW...if Alesi retires...perhaps he'll join Johnny in CART/IRL...wouldn't that be a treat!
i ahope Alesi retires @ the end of 2002 does a couple seasons in CART winning and then goes try to win Lemans
Old 7 Sep 2001, 16:13 (Ref:143177)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Liz I hope you only used Buddy Lazier as an example because thats the only driver in the series you know ?
Old 7 Sep 2001, 16:28 (Ref:143183)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah. Insert driver of your choice.
Old 7 Sep 2001, 18:38 (Ref:143255)   #15
snakepit27
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
Liz I hope you only used Buddy Lazier as an example because thats the only driver in the series you know ?
lol thats low dude
Old 7 Sep 2001, 19:29 (Ref:143279)   #16
Liz
Veteran

He knows I don't watch the roundy roundy boys of Brand X Racing. I only remember Buddy Lazier because he was the one whining that all the others at Indy "let" Montoya by but would not "let" him by and that is why Montoya won and he lost.
Old 7 Sep 2001, 20:50 (Ref:143336)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well I would mucu rather watch the IRL on ovals than CART anyday.

CART seems to bore me on ovals where the IRl seems to be very exciting (usually)..so give me IRL over cart on ovals anyday (and I know all the drivers as well )
Old 7 Sep 2001, 23:27 (Ref:143464)   #18
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IRL League , thats the same league that had Brack as champion?...lol
Its a league for washed out drivers that cant find a ride anywhere else. Like Al Unser Jr and now J.Herbert..
Old 7 Sep 2001, 23:55 (Ref:143497)   #19
snakepit27
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by GanjaGrizz
Its a league for washed out drivers that cant find a ride anywhere else. Like Al Unser Jr and now J.Herbert..

that waz low, BUT A GREAT LINE I LUV IT AWESOME YAHOO! WASHOUT DRIVERS HEHEEHEHE LOL ROTFL LMAO
Old 9 Sep 2001, 20:52 (Ref:144155)   #20
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't watch the Texas race then, 'cos if you do you may not watch CART / F1 ever again!
Old 9 Sep 2001, 23:37 (Ref:144223)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

We all like replays , remakes and sequels !!!

Old 10 Sep 2001, 09:37 (Ref:144318)   #22
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its a league for washed out drivers
I would hardly call one of the top contenders for the 2001 CART crown a "washed out driver"...

Good luck to Johnny H. I would love to see both him and Alesi in CART very soon!
Old 10 Sep 2001, 11:27 (Ref:144341)   #23
Liz
Veteran

After the way he rammed Mags into the pit wall and then said it was Mags' fault, yesterday in the ALMS race, I would venture to guess he'll be a great success in Brand X Racing. What a display!
Old 10 Sep 2001, 12:05 (Ref:144372)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting that Michael Andretti, Roberto Moreno, Mauricio Gugelmin, Alex Zanardi, Christian Fittipaldi are all washed up F1 drivers...

But hey, enjoy the racing! I find it a bit hard people can knock the IRL if they have never watched the stuff...some of the racing this season has been unreal.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 13:22 (Ref:144384)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test

Interesting that Michael Andretti, Roberto Moreno, Mauricio Gugelmin, Alex Zanardi, Christian Fittipaldi are all washed up F1 drivers...

But hey, enjoy the racing! I find it a bit hard people can knock the IRL if they have never watched the stuff...some of the racing this season has been unreal.
Ditto.